YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Taj Offline
Elf VP
Elf VP
T
J-R I sent you a pm about the Star Trek ornaments.

It's nice to see you posting again! smile

Clearwater, Florida
S
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper
S
Clearwater, Florida
welcome back. I'm happy to see more different kinds of miniature ornaments.

Jersey Shore
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Jersey Shore
J-R, Keeping you in our Prayers !!! smile

Stan
R
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
R
Thanks JV,really appreciate that. And thanks Taj for that link. I found out in the comments there that there's an orny this year I've been waiting for for more than twenty years,can't wait to see it! Just gonna say......never give up,NEVER surrender! lol.

Still not found any pics of my precious Doctor Who ornys,or Peanuts. Still hoping though. Had to go bed as I get real tired and knackered in the afternoon,and had to take a painkiller again. That's when it hurts the most,early evening. But if I lie completely still till it kicks in,I'm good. At least it's fast working. Have to get up again later though and change my....ostomy?......or lumpy,as I call it,lol.

J-R!

Last edited by robster; 04/07/24 07:01 PM.
Third rock from Sol
Elf VP
Elf VP
Third rock from Sol
Originally Posted by JerseyVike
Mini Star Trek ornaments are :

- Spock
- U.S.S, Enterprise NCC-1701 Refit

both are October releases.

Thanks. I assumed there would be Spock, but happy for a movie Enterprise - my favorite design of the starship lineage.

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
T
Taj Offline
Elf VP
Elf VP
T
J-R I'm glad the 20 year wait is over! That one is on my list as well. There are a couple Peanuts pics on digital dreambook. You may have already seen them as sneak peeks.

R
R
Thanks for that Taj. Not seen them as I can't seem to get on the ddb site,just get a message it's blocked,even though I am a member there.

J-R!

T
Taj Offline
Elf VP
Elf VP
T
Hmm. That's odd. They should be available elsewhere too if DD has on their site. I will look.

T
Taj Offline
Elf VP
Elf VP
T
Okay if you go to ideas.hallmark.com it has the peanuts new first in series sneak peek there. It is a Hallmark website.

R
R
Thanks for that Taj. Still have to do it from my other phone as this one's too old for a lot of sites. Did get to see some blurry pics of the Doc Who ornaments and a certain spaceship I've been waiting more than twenty years for,lol.

J-R!

Third rock from Sol
Elf VP
Elf VP
Third rock from Sol
I wasn't really sure where this should go, but I found this written by Hallmark writer Kevin Dillion on why the Enterprise B took so long to be made. This is taken from hallmarkstartrekornaments.com (it's posted in the middle of a page so I thought copying and pasting would be easier for all)

OOF! 😉

Okay, let’s all sit down and have an honest chat about the B. I assure you that we’ve had her on our sensors for a long time. (As also the U.S.S. Excelsior—and yes, we are very in tune with the design differences between the starships.) The short answer is, sure, we could do the B . . . but you wouldn’t be so happy about it.

I’m hoping I can get an assist here with some top and side profiles (hint hint). I know a lot of us could do a pretty good job sketching the B from memory but take a good look at the design here. To do the B the way we would want to—with light in all the right places—that’s not an easy trick. We have to pack those skinny nacelles (these are hardly ample, Scotty) with wires and lights and plot the placement of circuit boards and battery housings and all the things either in the primary hull, which is pretty shallow as well, or the pot-belly of a secondary hull that isn’t quite as accommodating as you think.

One solution is just to make the whole ornament big enough to do everything you’d expect it to do . . . leaving you with a B that is unpleasantly out of scale with the rest of your collection and possibly a price point that would be a bump up, too.

Part of the wait we’re all experiencing is on technology. Advancements in consumer electronics, many of which come with price reductions, happen all the time. It was the introduction of a tiny wireless RF chip at the right price that unlocked our ability to do our Storytellers ornaments. I’m hoping you’ve enjoyed what’s come of that so far. 😉

In my own personal experience (and it’s matched by that of plenty of others) the B is the second-most requested Star Trek Keepsake Ornament I’ve heard. The only request I’ve heard more over the years is for a U.S.S. Enterprise tree topper and you know how that story ends. We get it; we want the B, too. I can tell you that it’s not an “if,” it’s a “when.” We just don’t know when.

I’d be remiss if I signed off without thanking each of you for your support of what we’re doing with the Star Trek license. I’m over the moon from your responses to Star Trek Storytellers—it’s among my associations with Star Trek of which I’m most proud. I’m so eager for next year’s additions to complete the story. You’re all terrific and I appreciate you greatly.

Kevin

PS—if you’re gonna make a pitch of reasons to do the B, I might reconsider the mention of it being the place where Captain Kirk died. We’ve done a Star Trek death scene before and I still remember the social media response to THAT one. haha 😉

-Kevin Dilmore, 11/18/21 aka Enterprise B Day

[Linked Image from i.ibb.co]
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard