YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#344842 01/19/24 08:50 PM
San Jose, CA
Elf Manager
OP Offline
Elf Manager
San Jose, CA
Hi YuleLoggers,

As you might have noticed, I have updated the software that powers the bulletin boards.

New URL - https://forums.yulelog.com

Also, the URL for the Bulletin Boards has changed. It is now at https://forums.yulelog.com. Please update your bookmarks to this one. The old Bulletin Boards URL will now redirect to this one, but there might be links that take you to the old bulletin boards. Everything was transferred over to the new URL, and eventually I will remove the old boards (they are already closed for posting, but you can resume posting here as usual with all of the old post history / membership info, etc.).

New "Portal" feature
The portal is an integrated feature that highlights active posts, members, and other news. I am planning to integrate this feature with YuleLog for Web to highlight newly added items and other features. If you have any ideas for the portal, let me know!

Post Likes
You can now "Like" other user posts (or your own posts). We will explore this feature and see how it is received.

UPDATE: Post likes disabled for now due to some technical issues - will talk to the UBB Threads team about it.

Social Sharing
I encourage you to use the new "Social Sharing" feature to share threads in places like the Hallmark Ornament Collector's Chatter Group. This Facebook group has become extremely popular over the years with Hallmark collectors, and rightly so considering how widespread and easy to use Facebook has become. I feel like this Facebook group and the YuleLog bulletin boards serve different needs though - these forums are a place to really deep dive into the nitty gritty details of collecting and also explore the decades of Hallmark ornament collecting history.

You can also add your social media profiles (totally optional) to your profile. For example, you can view my profile and see the various YuleLog social media pages (YouTube, Facebook, Instagram):

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Forum Modernization and More Secure Registration

I will also be working on revamping the bulletin boards in general - but first I saw a need to update the software so that registration could be re-opened. For a long time, registration has been closed and done manually to avoid an influx of spammers. The newer boards uses CAPTCHA to prevent bots from signing up and spamming.

Theme and Styling

I am working on updating the theme so that the text is a bit larger and so that it matches the YuleLog purple color. There are a ton of other features I haven't explored yet, but will be doing so in the next few weeks.

Let me know if you notice any issues with your post history, messages, or logging in - or anything else bulletin boards related.

Thank you and happy collecting!

Last edited by Sean Ray; 01/23/24 03:16 PM. Reason: More details added
Louisville, KY
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
Louisville, KY
Thank you for your hard work. I rely heavily on this site for information I share with my 50+ members in a Keepsake Ornament Club in Louisville, KY.

Jersey Shore
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Jersey Shore
Thanks Sean !!! And thank you for keeping the board going !!!

Stan
Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
Looks great, Sean. Thanks for your hard work on this. I know this stuff isn't easy.

Mark
My Ornament Reviews Upd 5/9
Clearwater, Florida
S
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper
S
Clearwater, Florida
YIPPEE! I love the new LOOK.

Tennessee