YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
S
Elf
OP Offline
Elf
S
My question concerns the part of the page that gives you the option to add storage and display locations. I have recently reorganized my collection, and find that there are a lot of options that I used previously, but am not using any longer. Is there a way to delete the options no longer being used? If there is, I can't seem to figure out how to do it. Thanks

Duncan, OK USA
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Duncan, OK USA
Seems like I had this issue when I renamed some storage places. I think what I did was the find by that location. Then, I made sure that everything listed in that location was reassigned to the new location. I think that the old location then disappeared. Not entirely sure, but I think so.

If two locations have close to the same name, such as "downstairs" and "downstairs 1", you have to be very careful on the entering or you will have some things that you mean to be in one location end up in the other. Then, if you mean to delete one, the program still shows things in it.

Linda

Last edited by lindafay; 10/01/21 03:00 PM.
Shawnee, KS USA
N
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
N
Shawnee, KS USA
Originally Posted By: lindafay
Seems like I had this issue when I renamed some storage places. I think what I did was the find by that location. Then, I made sure that everything listed in that location was reassigned to the new location. I think that the old location then disappeared. Not entirely sure, but I think so.

If two locations have close to the same name, such as "downstairs" and "downstairs 1", you have to be very careful on the entering or you will have some things that you mean to be in one location end up in the other. Then, if you mean to delete one, the program still shows things in it.

Linda

I believe this is how this works also. I did something similar once and found that getting rid of everything that uses that location got rid of that name.

I have also found that if you approach things like the Series Name and Artist lists the same way the names will disappear. I haven't always cleaned up either kind of list, and it may be because there are some spaces at the end of the words I can't see so I don't know why there are two entries.

S
Elf
OP Offline
Elf
S
Thanks. I'll try that.

Duncan, OK USA
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Duncan, OK USA
Like Nancy said, be sure to watch closely for slight differences in two names that are almost alike. Two spaces between words instead of one was one of my common differences.

Linda

S
Elf
OP Offline
Elf
S
OK. I'll be sure to check that. I know I have some that for whatever reason, I put Box 1 and then I put Box 1#. So I know that's an issue. At the time, I guess I thought I could just delete, but doesn't work like that. Thanks for reminding me of this.

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard