YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#303496 01/10/17 02:44 PM
S
Elf in Training
OP Offline
Elf in Training
S
Can anyone explain how to use the Bar code scanner feature with Yulelog for Hallmark and if there are any other scanners that work other than an Ipad or Iphone?

Thank You in advance.

Shawnee, KS USA
N
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
N
Shawnee, KS USA
My friend used the barcode scanner option with her iPad a couple of years ago. I don't have an iPad to use, but I would imagine you would use the same functionality you use for scanning a QR code. Is that enough information to help you?

As far as I know Sean only offers the feature for iPads and iPhones. He hasn't done anything for Android devices.

PA
M
Elf in Training
Elf in Training
M
PA
New member here. I have both an iPhone and a newly-purchased bar code scanner. I haven't tried the scanner yet because I'm still trying to figure it out. I actually purchased it to help me inventory my books and CDs.

Following the instructions in the Help Manual, I was able to scan ornaments into the Filemaker software on the iPhone. However, I was never able to figure out how to upload the database from the iphone to the computer.

You have to use the iTunes program on the computer to do the transfer. The items don't sync authomatically. I think iTunes has been updated several times since the instructions were written and the old directions are inconsistent with the new iTunes program. I gave up and just entered the items manually into Yulelog. Fortunately, I had only done a few.

Also, the database only works with ornaments beginning with Year 2014. Since a large part of my collection is before that date, I think it's going to be easier for me to just enter all of them manually.

Illinois
YuleLoggers Club Co-Coordinator
Santa's Helper
YuleLoggers Club Co-Coordinator
Santa's Helper
Illinois
Yes, the bar code option has only been added to Yulelog in the last couple of years.

Ted

Shawnee, KS USA
N
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
N
Shawnee, KS USA
Originally Posted By: 88eggs
Yes, the bar code option has only been added to Yulelog in the last couple of years.

Ted

I don't know that all of the years since 2014 have had the barcodes added. I believe there was a year or two when none of them got added.

If you want to use the form found in the Contact section of this board (from Yulelog.com choose Contact) and you can enter the information for the ornament and provide Sean with the barcode. It won't help you unless you want to wait until the next update is available but it will help others. I've been trying to give Sean the barcodes as I send him information on missing items.

S
Elf in Training
Elf in Training
S
I've just updated Yulelog and tried to scan a barcode. It didn't find the ornament. I tried to scan another one and it couldn't find it either. Are there specific directions to do this somewhere? I guess I need someone to spell it out for me.

Wait, I did it...had to change to Large but it worked! Now to inventory my 2017 ornaments that I purchased the day after Christmas!!!

Last edited by ssh1825; 10/16/18 08:26 PM.
Shawnee, KS USA
N
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
N
Shawnee, KS USA
There are only some recent years that have barcodes associated with them in Yulelog. I know that the 2018 ornaments have almost all of the barcodes loaded, and I believe that most/all of the 2017 ornaments have the barcodes associated with them. But I believe that the 2016 ornaments don't have barcodes but most of the 2015 do.

Sean may have all of the barcodes loaded at some point in time, but he isn't anywhere near having that done at this point in time.

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard