YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
New, limited edition ornament collection started up. It's nearly 4 AM here, and I'm actually wide awake with a touch of insomnia. But, whatever. https://www.shopdisney.com/jack-skelling...release-1479156

Jack Skellington and Sally is the first in the collection, and I'm a sucker for limited ornaments...plus you get an extra 25% off with DISNEYPAL for Friends & Family. Usually limited edition items do not count, so...I'm not sure if this will continue or not...we'll have to wait 'n see.

So, surprise, collectors! More ways to give Disney your money. wink

Tennessee
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper
Tennessee
Oh, awesome! I love the limiteds as well!

Jersey Shore
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Jersey Shore
Any info on what the other ornaments will be in the collection. The only thing we know is that there will be 10.

Stan
Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
No info yet. I've tried to see if someone had leaked info. Can't find a thing. No clue about what's coming or when. frown I would love to know, but I am grateful that this showed up with the promo and the promo worked! I just wish the promo worked on the Mickey limited ornaments. I would have bought the three I'm missing. $29.99 is too high for them. The first three, I had promo codes for $10 off $40. While it didn't take the $10 off the ornament, the ornament counted toward the $40, so in my mind, the $10 went off the ornament. I just have to wait for another code. Eventually "Solo" will be up for pre-order. Then "The Incredibles 2," so I'll get there.

In other news, I got hired to be a teacher today! I get to teach chemistry and earth science for a magnet school that specializes in performance arts and technology. This will be fun. laugh Years of working at Toys R Us and living at home since I couldn't find a job. It turned out to be a wonderful thing since my mom got cancer and I was here with her and TRU was flexible with me so I went to every chemo and radiation appointment and most of her doctor's appointments as well as going with my grandfather for some of his appointments (he got diagnosed with cancer 7 months after my mom). Everyone's passed away now, TRU's gone, and God opened the door back into teaching. Not only teaching, but a creative school which supports my creative side of bringing in the arts to support the subject. God knew my mom would need me. So, He kept me at home. Years and years of feeling like a failure, applying for lab jobs and teaching jobs only to be turned down (or, in the case of several lab jobs, they ran out of money before they could hire since the grant request failed) just kept me low in spirit wondering what was wrong with me. Then, my mom got sick, and I was grateful to work at the retail job. After she died, I had a lot to do with the estate and stuck with the retail job since it was security and a bit flexible. It served its purpose in my life. God is good. But I still mourn the loss of jobs for TRU/BRU team members. It's still a sad thing.

Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
I'd thought of you with TRU closing. I truly can't believe it. But congrats on your great news!

And thanks for sharing about this new series. I wish I knew what else was coming. $19.95 isn't bad for an ornament, and if I like the rest, I might get this one, too....

Mark
My Ornament Reviews Upd 5/9
Pasadena, CA USA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Pasadena, CA USA
Congrats on the new job and good for you on having such a good perspective on how things worked out during that difficult time.

I was hoping the Friends and Family code would discount the Solo set, and the Mickey Through the Years (at least a few of them) since they've been around for quite awhile, but nope. Only the newbie

I'm tempted to buy Mary Poppins and Alice in Wonderland early with the 25% off, but since they aren't enough to qualify for free shipping yet, guess I'll wait a bit.

Jersey Shore
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Jersey Shore
Congrats on the new job !!!

Stan
Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Thank you all!

And I got my ornament today. They had a checklist inside with illustrations of the rest of the series. So, here we go for the list and these are all supposed to be anniversary ornaments according to the tag:

Mickey Mouse (created in 1928)
Mulan (1998)
The Sword in the Stone (1963)
Chip 'n Dale (created in 1943, ornament is based on a short called "Dragon Around")
The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (1988)
Peter Pan (1953)
Star Wars Return of the Jedi (1983)
Wall-E (2008)
Marvel Studios (2008)

Oh, and Jack and Sally sold out online. I still have no idea if these are being offered in stores.

Jersey Shore
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Jersey Shore
The Sword in the stone, Peter Pan, Star Wars/RotJ, and Marvel sound interesting.

Stan
Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
I put pictures up on Facebook, but here are the photos of the checklist.

http://i63.tinypic.com/bgwor9.jpg

http://i64.tinypic.com/2vsncsh.jpg

Peter Pan is very nice. Star Wars is "eh." Marvel's...umm...I understand what they're doing, but it's not really my cup of tea.

I absolutely love that the Disney Store did this with that checklist inside. I was not anticipating this and was psyched to get it since I had been combing the Internet, trying to find out what the rest were, but I wish "Oliver and Company" was one of the ornaments. I hope this happens again in 1999 because I want a "Tarzan" ornament, and 1999 will be that movie's 20th anniversary.

Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
Thanks for sharing the pictures. There are a couple I want to see the finalized versions of before I jump, but they might be coming to my home.

Mark
Pasadena, CA USA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Pasadena, CA USA
I've been really wanting a Sword & the Stone ornament, but would have preferred more along the likes of the British exclusive. Mulan looks beautiful. I like book ornaments so will probably get the Chip & Dale piece. Who Framed Roger Rabbit? reminds me of the ride at Disneyland. You know Wall-E is a must for me.

Duncan, OK USA
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Duncan, OK USA
Originally Posted By: luckdragon
I hope this happens again in 1999 because I want a "Tarzan" ornament, and 1999 will be that movie's 20th anniversary.

1999 will be the anniversary? Are you running a little behind? laugh

Linda

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Late at night, sorry. I wouldn't mind going back to 1999 sometimes.

A
Elf in Training
Elf in Training
A
The Disneystore UK shared a post on Instagram this morning with a link to their site. A few of these ornaments have pictures.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
New Legacy ornaments are in stock this morning:

Mickey Mouse - https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-legacy-sketchbook-ornament-limited-release-1479190
Roger Rabbit and Benny - https://www.shopdisney.com/roger-rabbit-...release-1479188
Wall-E and Eve - https://www.shopdisney.com/walle-and-e-v-e-legacy-sketchbook-ornament-limited-release-1479616

I'm curious to see if these sell out fast or not. Jack Skellington and Sally are super popular, so that combined with the 25% off really helped it sell out quickly. Now is the real test... Who's it going to be first... I think Wall-E & Eve will sell out first, but that's just me.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
I didn't realize this already started . . . been away for past 3 weeks. With all the release dates between Hallmark & Disney . . . I'd miss so much more than I already do IF not for reading here, so thanks to all, especially Amanda, for keeping us informed.

I use to be so much better at keeping up with everything but too many release dates have made me weary with collecting . . . so I get what I get and don't worry about what I miss these days. I use to fret about it and buy on eBay but now it is more like "eh what's one less ornament" or fill in the blank with whatever other collectible item.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
p.s. Amanda, Congratulations on the new teaching position. I'm very happy for you . . . I hope you enjoy it and sounds like you will be in a good school and will be an excellent fit for their faculty.

Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
I ordered Mickey. That was the one that most intrigued me from the set, and when I saw the actual ornament (couldn't quite tell what it was going to look like from the earlier picture), I had to get it.

I thought about ordering more stuff for free shipping, but ultimately, I decided to just get the one ornament and not spend the extra $50 for free shipping.

And I remembered the reward card I've had for months and keep forgetting to use when I do purchase something!!! So the ornament should be mostly free.

Mark
Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Roger Rabbit was a non-negotiable to me. I don't have a Benny ornament and don't think I know of one that exists unless Grolier...maybe...

I hope Merlin is in the next group. I prefer them being lump-released like this, but I'm not complaining about being able to save $5 off Jack Skellington and Sally since I'm not a huge fan of the movie anyway.

Thank you, Deanna. I think it'll be fun. wink

Pasadena, CA USA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Pasadena, CA USA
25% off shopping day (if you buy over $100, other discounts for lower amounts) with SAVEMORE promo code at checkout. Don't forget to SHIPMAGIC for free shipping over $75 purchase. It's good on the Legacy ornaments (the three in stock) but not the Mickey Through the Years.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Good thing the code was more than one day . . . placed order tonight for the 3 Legacy ornaments plus the Mary Poppins, Alice and a Deluxe Nightmare Before Christmas Playset . . . (cake decorations) for future grandkids and to play with maybe . . . I have quite the variety of these going on these days . . . smile

Pasadena, CA USA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Pasadena, CA USA
The same promo is back so I just bought the other Legacy ornaments that weren't available during the last promo: Mulan, Nightmare Before Christmas, and Chip & Dale. It again wasn't good on Mickey Through the Years nor the Solo Star Wars set. Pooh.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
I'm ticked that Peter Pan isn't on the site yet. I would have loved to buy him today too. Bought MMC (didn't count for the sale), Mulan, Chip 'n Dale, Alien and Wheezy (considering Zero and the Haunted Mansions ghosts already sold out, I'm glad to get it now), and a Pooh nightshirt that I've had my eye on and was already marked down. I would have rather bought Peter Pan though instead of the nightshirt. Saved my $10 off code for later. They screwed up and didn't send it, so they had to send me a makeup code that'll last through the end of the year. I'll save it for a future order.

The Solo set was on sale a few weeks ago. It'll go on sale again, probably. It's a well-sculpted/painted set. They seem to do really good with the Star Wars sets.

Pasadena, CA USA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Pasadena, CA USA
Do you know the numbers on these? Both Nightmare Before Christmas and Mickey Mouse state 1 of 10. One of them should be #2.
Wall-E is #3. Roger Rabbit is #4. Chip & Dale #6. Mulan #7.
Odd that we are able to purchase #6 and #7 before #5.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Mickey is 1 of 10, Nightmare is 2 of 10. I remember being very confused when I got the Nightmare one because the tag said 2 of 10 (or something said that somewhere). I wondered if they had screwed up and hadn't secured any of the 1 of 10 for the site. Luckily, they didn't.

I'm crossing my fingers that the Peter Pan I ultimately get will be a good one. So far the photos I've seen of him, he looks odd. Most of the human characters look odd this year, but the two Mulan ornaments look great in the face.

I'm hoping for an Art of Mulan ornament set too. I really want a Shang ornament, and the only figural one I know of is in the Mulan Storybook set.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
All of them are now available except Peter Pan. Hopefully soon.

Jersey Shore
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Jersey Shore
I like the Marvel and Ewok ornaments. Waiting for a sale.

Stan
M
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
M
Just saw most of them at the local Disney store. They are mixed in with the Sketchbook ornaments, which will be confusing for customers who may assume that all the ornaments are the same/(lower) price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard