YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Elf in Training
OP Offline
Elf in Training
S
Hello all, something I've been wondering for a little while is why are there basically no Hallmark Keepsake ornaments based on Disneyland or Disney World attractions? Is there some specific license deal that prevents it?

I know of at least two that are technically what I'm asking, 2001's Small World, and the 2016 Teacup for Two with M&M. The weird thing about these two is there is absolutely no mention of the parks whatsoever on the package. I didn't even know about the Small World one until I found it at a yard sale this weekend for $2! It's really well done.

I know there are lots of other Disney ornaments, many available for sale at the parks, but for the most part, none of them appealed to us. The Hallmark ones are just really well done where most of the gift shops ones seem cheap and overpriced.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
True and not sure why they haven't made more. Many here have "wished" for a Parks Ride/Vehicle series for years & years here.

I have a few Jim Shore pieces based on Disney Parks rides. And have a desk set based on mostly Fantasyland Rides from the Parks that I bought about 15 years ago that is really well done.

Maybe one of these days . . . I'd love IF Ken Crow did a magic cord series based on Disney World park rides, especially rides at Magic Kingdom but other parks would also be welcome additions too~!!!!

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Hallmark actually did two It's a Small World ornaments. The first was 2003 and was an exclusive to KOC members. It's a set of three of the ride characters (France, America, and UK). The other ornament is from 2004 and has more characters and plays music. Another company did porcelain ornaments for different countries many years ago. I have the one that represents Japan that I bought at a TJ Maxx many years ago. I should have bought the other characters they had since these are a bit expensive.

I would count 2006 Pirates of the Caribbean. I know it's based on the movie, but it is an iconic scene from the ride and plays the ride music. Besides, they have added Jack Sparrow to the ride anyway.

Besides those and the teacup, while not a ride, I would also add 2018 Partners. Comes out in October and is of the iconic Walt Disney & Mickey Mouse statue that's in the Parks.

And you can sometimes find other brands. In the Disney Artist series, they did an ornament of Donald and Daisy riding the Dumbo Ride, Jiminy Cricket riding the train from Thunder Mountain, Alice, Mad Hatter, March Hare, and the Cheshire Cat riding the teacups, Pinocchio with Small World, Minnie Mouse riding Grand Prix Raceway, Mickey riding a rocket ship (not sure what the ride is), and Mr. Toad and Cyril riding Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. These are from the Disney Artist series ornaments. I really want Pablo from "The Three Caballeros." Almost got him a couple of years ago, but I was outbid. Point is, they did ride ornaments and some not ride ornaments. The ride ornaments tend to have a Christmas decorated look though, so if you want pure ride, they're not always the best choice. Still, search Disney artist ornament on ebay to check them out.

S
Elf in Training
OP Offline
Elf in Training
S
I'll take a look, thanks! Where are/were the Artist Series ornaments sold?

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Originally Posted By: SRGilbert
I'll take a look, thanks! Where are/were the Artist Series ornaments sold?

They're from the 1990s. Were probably sold in the Parks or Disney Store.

Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
There's a rocket ride in Tomorrowland (I'm blanking on the name at the moment). It's basically the Dumbo ride with rockets instead. That's got to be what Mickey is on in the ornament you talked about.

And how I must look up these ornaments. Why did you have to mention them?

Mark
My Ornament Reviews Upd 5/9
Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Originally Posted By: carstairs38
There's a rocket ride in Tomorrowland (I'm blanking on the name at the moment). It's basically the Dumbo ride with rockets instead. That's got to be what Mickey is on in the ornament you talked about.

And how I must look up these ornaments. Why did you have to mention them?

I was thinking that it was in Tomorrowland too, but the name was escaping me, and I was too lazy to look it up. It's the Astro Orbiter.

Trust me, once you see the prices, it shuts down the desire for them pretty quick. The prices on these deter me (maybe not you, I'm just a darn cheapskate on the secondary market). Some aren't too bad in price. One day, I may go after the Lady and the Tramp one (they are just next to each other with a present, so they don't have a ride theme). It's a relatively common, cheap one. The Dumbo ride one usually isn't too expensive either. I discovered these back when I had started searching for my Disney Parks ornaments that feature the characters holding Mickey ball shaped ornaments.

And there could be more of the Disney Artist ride ornaments. I only listed what's currently on ebay. I don't keep up with these very well.

Edit: Oh! I'm about 95% sure there is one for Peter Pan's Flight. I just can't remember which character is featured... Listing them yesterday, made me think of how fun and creative these are. I wish Disney would stop with the abstract stuff like the shoes and make more things like these ride ornaments. What a fun type of ornament to help capture a moment in time like your child's favorite ride. But no, let's do a high heel shoe where Jasmine's ponytail is the heel. No offense to people who love those shoes, hats, purses, cars, etc. I'm glad they're there for people who want them, but Walt Disney World has at least two shops that are all Christmas (I'm assuming that Disneyland probably has at least one). Or at least they did the last time I was there in 2006. They've got the space to add in new lines.

Last edited by luckdragon; 06/14/18 01:12 PM.
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
I liked the Mouse Ear hat ornaments the first year when they only offered like 8 and supposedly back then they were limited, I forget the edition size . . . didn't buy any . . . but they've made way too many now . . . same for the shoes and now the little cars . . . glad I don't collect ANY of those. Too many.

Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
I love the Mouse Ear ornaments. They are so fun and creative. They are way to expensive for me to buy, but I love looking at them.

Mark
SC
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
SC
I think the 2 dwarfs in the mine car is an excellent representation of the new Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride. I wasn't interested in the ornament until I rode the ride this week. It has moved to a high spot on my shopping list.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
I ran across this ornament today. This must be new for 2018 for Disney Parks. This would go very well with the Parks rides theme:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Disney-Parks-Di...nt/192581569581

It's the Haunted Mansion hitchhiking ghosts, but they're actually in the ride buggy! I hope the Shop Disney website gets it.

Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
That's a very fun ornament!

Mark
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: luckdragon
I ran across this ornament today. This must be new for 2018 for Disney Parks. This would go very well with the Parks rides theme:

It's the Haunted Mansion hitchhiking ghosts, but they're actually in the ride buggy! I hope the Shop Disney website gets it.

I like it~!

I picked up a couple of things last year from the Shop Parks (name?) app on my phone that weren't available in the stores or ShopDisney site . . . also used it while in the Parks to find items that were ONLY available in one shop in all of the 4 parks + Disney Springs. Some stuff is "in store" only and some stuff they ship. I love to find stuff that isn't available in almost every single shop in all of Disney World.

Have to watch for % off and or free shipping too. smile

I just got a new phone and will have to check and see IF that app transferred over or add it back.

One pair of items I got . . . they were gone in a FLASH at ShopDisney site and the "shoppers" who shop the Parks and ship facebook group were tripling and quadrupling the prices . . . Chip n Dale full size nutcrackers, they are like 20" tall and very nicely done . . . They shipped them FedEx Smart Post and they seemed "stuck" forever with zero movement . . . I just knew they'd be lost or damaged when they did finally arrive, nope they were PERFECT. One sold out faster than the other, can't remember which but then by time we were @ Disney in December, I did spy a few in a couple of the bigger shops @ the parks like Mouse Gears.

p.s. for those that check Disney site for new items . . . I don't all the time . . . IF you see a new design for LeSportSac . . . give me a shout. Thanks. smile I finally got a Hawaii exclusive design this spring after missing out on our first trip (the store was already closed @ airport for flight(s) home) and they are just so lightweight I'd love a Disney one too in either a backpack or a weekender style.

Pasadena, CA USA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Pasadena, CA USA
Originally Posted By: luckdragon

That's cute! I have the older hitchhiking ghosts (where they are piled on each other) but I like this one better.

Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Are you talking about the Astro Orbiter? The ride at Disneyland basically blocks the entrance to Tomorrowland, not like the other versions of it that existed inside Tomorrowland, across the way from what used to be the Carousel of Progress, that still exists at Magic Kingdom in Florida.

Karen W2 - Paradise - San Diego, USA!

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"
Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
I forgot this existed until it showed up in a search I was doing:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/DISNEY-Parks-STORYBOOK-ORNAMENT-SET-of-6/223060045455

A Storybook set designed specifically for Walt Disney World that has 6 ornaments of characters riding their rides like Brer Rabbit and Brer Bear in the Splash Mountain log flume and Cinderella on the carousel horse.

Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
Oh, man. Now I want it. Not for that price, but still.

Mark
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
I have a desk set of these same designs as stapler,tape dispenser etc etc. From either2003 or 2004 time frame. Tea cup is paper clip holder,Dumbo is stapler, Peter Pan is tape dispenser etc.

Tennessee
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper
Tennessee
Oh, I want that ornament set too.... I love them!

Angela

Idaho
E
YuleLoggers Club Treasurer
Elf VP
YuleLoggers Club Treasurer
Elf VP
E
Idaho
I would love for Hallmark to do more ornaments based on rides at the parks. We've only been to Disneyland/DCA, but would love to see ornaments from either location. 1 day we will make it to Disney world

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard