YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 24 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
You prediction of the mini ornament makes sense to me.

Mark
My Ornament Reviews Upd 5/9
Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
#5 Fantasia is up:
https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-...release-1472038

I was technically awake when these finally showed up at around 3:40 AM on the East Coast. I was not amused, but I wanted the plush this month, and I got it! I didn't buy the ornament though. I keep hoping for a cheaper price.

Anyway, next month's is Mickey and the Beanstalk.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
#6 Mickey and the Beanstalk is up:
https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-...release-1474931
I definitely think the Disney Storybook Classics Mickey and the Beanstalk ornament is much nicer, but the mini here is adorable! I think they have more of a knack with object miniatures than character ones (I can't stand the faces on the character ones; they look like monkeys). If they did an icon miniature set, kind of like what Hallmark's currently doing (they did the glass slipper last year and have the Genie lamp this year), I would buy that set.

They didn't list next month's! *sniffles* It just says come back in July for the next one.

I'll admit I stayed up last night to buy the plush again (it grew on me). It already sold out. I have zero interest in the 1970s one next month. You can see the 1970s collection on this page:
https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-monthly-magic

Pasadena, CA USA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Pasadena, CA USA
I agree, the mini harp is fabulous. If it was sold separately I would buy it in a heartbeat. Or in a set of other minis like you suggested. But I don't need another Mickey ornament, and the price together with adding shipping and taxes is too much so I'll pass.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
I might have bought the June plush IF I'd have even given it a thought this weekend. Ooops.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Well, apparently I didn't get the June plush. They sent me an email saying the item I bought isn't available to be filled. frown

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
How frustrating, especially since your stayed up very late or woke up extremely early to buy it.

I think in all the years of my Disney ordering that has happened once on one of the sketchbook ornaments in 2016 or 2017.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Oh, that�s playing dirty! #7 is �Pluto�s Christmas Tree�: https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-...release-1479592

Next month is Mickey Mouse Club. Earlier this week, Shop Disney called me and offered early access over the phone for the July plush since I missed out on the June plush. I declined the offer since I don�t like the 70s plush. I�m not big on the 80s plush either. At least I got the May one since the 50s plush is my favorite (at least without seeing September-December).

As for the monthly ornaments, I have a plan. I preordered �Infinity War� and �Solo.� Both have $10 off $40 offers. Shop Disney won�t take a discount from the ornaments, but they count toward your $40 purchase, so I plan to buy 2 st a time with some other merchandise and will consider the monthly ornaments as losing $5 each. Before long, �The Incredibles 2� should have the same offer, so I�ll do the same. That�ll get me through September�s release since I already have January-March.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
I read it sold out almost immediately. Most popular Christmas cartoon is the reason they speculated.

So far I only have the first one, Plane Crazy. And I think they said it and Pluto's Christmas Tree is only the second sell out from this series and Plane Crazy didn't sell out as fast as July installment.

Tennessee
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Tennessee
Wow, and I really wanted this month's. Can't believe it sold out that fast!

Angela

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Impressive. Depressing since now they'll assume $29.99 is a great price for that ornament, but impressive nonetheless. Most of these people probably bought the five limit to resell. I wish limiteds were always 1 per at the beginning.

Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
Nice ornament set. Glad I'm not collecting the series since I definitely would have missed out on this one. Didn't even think to look for it.

Mark
My Ornament Reviews Upd 5/9
Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
It's back in stock this morning. I just bought it along with the Legacy ornaments now in stock: Roger and Benny (so excited), Mickey Mouse, and Wall-E and Eve.

Hurts to pay that much, but just in case it is super popular, I would rather get it now. Honestly, I think they screwed up in the coding. It just seemed unrealistic that Steamboat Willie and Fantasia were still in stock but this one sold out fast since it wasn't that remarkable. They've made Mickey with presents before, and they've done Dale as the Santa candle before.

I'll bite the bullet on the price too since it is my favorite Mickey cartoon.

Tennessee
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Tennessee
Happy Dance -- I was able to order it as well!

Angela

Jersey Shore
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Jersey Shore
Waiting for more Sketchbook ornaments before placing an order. Hopefully soon.

Stan
Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Really great day to play catch-up on this series! The Band Concert (March), Brave Little Tailor (April), Fantasia (May), and Mickey and the Beanstalk (June) are all an extra 40% off with the code BONUS40! The code will not work on Steamboat Willie (February) or Pluto's Christmas Tree (July). Won't work tomorrow either on Mickey Mouse Club (August)...well...unless they decide to be nice or make a mistake.

So happy! Bought the three I was missing: Brave Little Tailor, Fantasia, and Mickey and the Beanstalk. I've been telling them in reviews since Plane Crazy that they priced these at least $5 too high and that's why they set around for so long. My code for preordering Infinity War hadn't shown up yet, so I had to call. They're saying it should show up tomorrow. So, I can score MMC paired with something else at least $10. And use the Solo code next month for September's release. By then, I feel like "The Incredibles 2" will have the same offer, and I can get the October (or maybe November) release. Then, just will have two left. Nice when things work out.

Edit: Steamboat Willie shows a sold out message if you try to add it to your cart, so that's most likely the reason why it is not counting for the 40% off sale.

Pasadena, CA USA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Pasadena, CA USA
Thanks to Amanda's awesome enabling I bought Band Concert, Brave Little Tailor, Fantasia, and Mickey and the Beanstalk (the one I wanted the most since it had a second character - the harp - in the set) all for 40% off. Christmas came early. LOL.

I had previously purchased Plane Crazy at 25% off. I'm missing Steamboat Willie, but have several ornaments of that so it's not such a big deal. I'm holding out hope the next several issues will also get a sale as I agree, the original retail price is too high. They allowed multiple purchases on all but Mickey & the Beanstalk, so I bought an extra of Band Concert and Sorcerer's Apprentice to hit the $75 free shipping promo. Hoping these will be able to be sold for at least box price at some point to level out the prices paid out for the collection.

Still waiting on getting Nightmare Before Christmas in the Legacy collection, again hoping to hit a good sale. I showed my son the Wall-E and he really liked it. I think they did an awesome job on Roger Rabbit with Benny. Really liking that collection so far.

I hope tomorrow brings more Sketchbook ornaments on the site. So eager to see what will be new in the line.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Originally Posted By: Diana*

I hope tomorrow brings more Sketchbook ornaments on the site. So eager to see what will be new in the line.

I'm hoping for more tomorrow. There's no way this is the entire line simply due to the over-abundance of "Beauty and the Beast" ornaments.

The August ornament was kind of released yesterday. Same issue as last month, so we have to wait until they fix the issue and people can actually buy it: https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-...release-1481379

September's release will be Mickey's Christmas Carol.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Issue has been fixed!

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Folks can now buy Band Concert, Brave Little Tailor, Fantasia, and Mickey and the Beanstalk for $14.99 by taking advantage of the current sale where you get an extra 25% off. That makes them half off the retail.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard