YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 24 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
WOW 1:05 p.m. central text says my package was just delivered on my front porch . . . and my UPS usually never runs this early . . . barely 48 hours since I ordered. Fastest time in a long time from Disney . . . probably since well before they changed from DisneyStore.com to ShopDisney.com and messed with things that weren't broken to begin with . . . IMO . . . smile

I best be retrieving it ASAP as it has been so rainy here the schools have been letting out because of flash flood warnings~!!! Tuesday, I accidentally let CoCo and the lithos sit out all night as UPS came later, as usual, and then promptly forgot about them. ooops

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Wow! That's impressive! I'm due to get most of my order tomorrow. I thought it was the whole order until I got an email from Shop Disney saying my order shipped. I thought maybe I got lucky and they were shipping "The Last Jedi" early (sorry, but I'm obsessed with that movie since it has been years since I've seen a movie paced that well, and I'm super impressed by the writer's ability to pace that story). Nope. "Lady and the Tramp" blu ray shipped separately.

Did you like the ornament?

Ha, sorry Mark for tempting you with the puzzle. Blame Amazon. They had it at the bottom of the screen recommending it. As soon as I saw it (and saw the seller), I bought it. It must be brand new since it's got no reviews on any site and I've never seen it before (and Amazon has a lot of Disney puzzles on my recommendation list). I tried to do some research to see if I could find a release date. Saw it on ebay for a similar price from the UK, but the shipping was really high. So, makes me love my seller on Amazon even more. I'm sure they'll get it back in stock. I may choose it as my next puzzle to work...

Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
Originally Posted By: carstairs38
Now I want that puzzle. Thanks, I think. (Not that I've put a puzzle together in a couple of decades, but I want it.)

Mark, Me too~! Since you collect pins, do you remember or perhaps have some of the pins from the 100 Years set, I think the first set, that most/all of those posters were represented by a pin each in that set? They were like perfect little replicas of the posters. I think we have most of them . . . and then some of the pins from the set(s) went down to like 1.99 in the store that made great traders for the kids back then on our trips.

I actually started collecting pins years after they started with the set you are talking about, so I don't have any of them. I wish I had a few, but I haven't tried to track them down or buy them off ebay. Obviously, I don't want them that much.

Mark
My Ornament Reviews Upd 5/9
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: luckdragon
Wow! That's impressive! I'm due to get most of my order tomorrow. I thought it was the whole order until I got an email from Shop Disney saying my order shipped. I thought maybe I got lucky and they were shipping "The Last Jedi" early (sorry, but I'm obsessed with that movie since it has been years since I've seen a movie paced that well, and I'm super impressed by the writer's ability to pace that story). Nope. "Lady and the Tramp" blu ray shipped separately.

Did you like the ornament?

Ornament is very nice . . . especially the miniature Steamboat. The paint job isn't perfect near Mickey's hat and his left ear and his ending of his nose @ his face. I'd say it is almost perfect. But very nice sculpt and the black/white is such a contrast to their usual colorful Sketchbook line. I'm happy to have this one in my collection but man these boxes are HUGE. Very nicely done . . . the paint/color seems almost more like a wash than the usual paint technique/colors to give it more of that time era look of color . . . IF they had painted with a thicker more pigmented grey-white it would have looked like they were trying too hard or something. This is the right touch except the tiny little flaws in the ear & nose but it is very, very minor.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
The little steamboat is cute. Better than the plane, but I like March's little mini ornament even more. That one looks cute, and "The Last Jedi" will help me save $10 off that. So, I had a replacement code for "Cars 3" that saved me $10 off January, "Coco" helped save $10 off February, and "The Last Jedi" will save $10 off March.

Alas, I don't think I'll get lucky for April. Obviously these aren't selling very well, so maybe let it lie for a month or two and hope for a discount day.

I do like the Steamboat Willie ornament more than the Plane Crazy one, and I definitely think it's better than the Steamboat Willie from Moments That Made Disney.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
If anyone was interested in that Ravensburger puzzle, Amazon has it back in stock from the seller I bought it from: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B078PLHK43/

I can vouch for the seller. Very reliable, fast shipping, great box sized perfectly for the puzzle, honest/fair price too.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Did it actually ship from the UK?

Tempted.

I did see in "new" items @ ShopDisney kitchen canisters, ceramic, same theme of movie posters. I certainly don't need any new canisters . . . new set of Stainless Tramontina . . . new set of the Hallmark Marjolein Bastin from years ago that sit new and unused on top of refrig . . . the bird themed ones . .. I should sell them . . . very nice but so fragile and shipping would be a PITN. haha

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Yes, it ships from the UK. You don't get tracking information from them, but I have bought from that seller three times. No issues.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Ordered. Will save it for the family to work on in December. Although I'm sure Steve will stay up all night and have it finished by time I wake up the next morning. smile

Thanks for the heads up.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
You're welcome! laugh I'm sure you'll be happy with the seller. Their reviews are excellent.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
March is up:
https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-monthly-magic

Next month is the Brave Little Tailor.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
I just don't get why people/collectors are going so crazy for the monthly plush. There were dozens of posts on facebook of people searching yesterday both here in the US and in the UK.

Not a fan of the vinyl looking feet/nose etc.

Not that I'd have room to store or put such things . . . to each their own but while I can maybe see the draw to the first one . . . but IF I had gone for it that I would have stopped with just one.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
In Disney's quest to continue trying to make the site less user-friendly (right on track), they changed the "new" button. If you click it, you go to "new arrivals." Which shows categories of featured brands, top categories, whatever. Only cool thing on there is the "coming soon" portion. Maybe we'll get a sneak of the new Sketchbooks from that page.

Anyway, to get to the regular New Arrivals, you go through a few buttons, but let me post a quick link to help folks:
https://www.shopdisney.com/new?sort=startDate&order=desc

That's all new products, sorted by "newest." You still get the repeats, so it's not perfect, but this makes it more like what we're used to.

I ordered Band Concert during a free shipping promo combined with my $10 off $40 (didn't work on the ornament, but I'm considering it as working on the ornament) from pre-ordering "The Last Jedi." Supposed to show up on Saturday. Now, I won't have a code for the April one. Will have to play it by ear. Shouldn't sell out, so maybe I can wait for a special. Maybe Memorial Day will have a sale.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
New "The Incredibles 2" ornament set launched today:

https://www.shopdisney.com/incredibles-2-ornament-set-1470465

Not limited, so should work with promo codes (not that there is a site-wide code right now).

Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
Nice. Which reminds me, I need to rewatch the first movie before the second one comes out in June.

Mark
Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
I'm excited for the movie. One of my cousins is counting down the days since it's his favorite Pixar film. It's in my top 5, for sure (Inside Out is #1). Took forever for a sequel, and honestly, it should be the easiest for sequels. They could do prequels too or other superhero movies in that universe. Frozone would be a great character to have a stand-alone movie.

Seeing the Hallmark ornaments on Facebook is making me think I won't be buying this set. I'm lucky enough to have an ornament from the Disney Parks that has the entire Incredibles family. Got it cheap since Mrs. Incredible's head had fallen off (with shipping less than $5).

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
April's up: https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-...release-1470879

No idea what May's ornament is. They have an animation of Steamboat Willie instead of a picture of the ornament up. frown

Plane Crazy finally sold out though.

And the site-wide discount won't work on the Brave Little Tailor. frown

Tennessee
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper
YuleLoggers Club Co-President
Santa's Helper
Tennessee
I bought mine today and the incredible set which did allow the discount... yippee!

Angela

Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
If Plane Crazy sold out, I guess it is too late to start the series. (No one offer me a copy they have or remind me about ebay or Amazon. I can't start this series. I can't, I can't, I can't!!)

Mark
Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
I figured out next month's release. It's written in the description for the Brave Little Tailor:

"Please come back in May to view next month's selection of The Sorcerer's Apprentice from Walt Disney's Fantasia (1940), not yet available"

I knew that Sorcerer's Apprentice was going to be a part of this series. I mean, was there anyone who didn't think this was going to be here? I'm guessing the mini will be a broom holding water buckets.

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard