YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 24 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
I do like the next one, too. I wish they'd go ahead and tell us what they are all going to be.

Mark
My Ornament Reviews Upd 5/9
Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Code still won't work. I'm waiting then until "Coco" pre-order code shows up. Hopefully it'll work. If not, then eventually they'll allow "The Last Jedi" to be up for pre-order and it'll have a code. I can use the code to buy it then.

Kind of unfair that the older ornament from last month can be discounted but not this one. If you're going to refuse since this is limited, refuse the other too.

Nothing exciting in terms of new stuff. Couple of pairs of $19.95 socks (no thanks), Wrinkle in Time necklace (nope), Mickey and the Roadster Racers toy set (cute for those who have kids that like it), and Hasbro finally making a boy doll for their Forces of Destiny line (But it's Kylo Ren. Paired with Rey. I would rather see Luke or Han Solo. They're calling them "action figures." Heh. Nice try, but a doll's a doll).

Edit: My apologies, Hasbro. They added a Luke doll today.

Last edited by luckdragon; 02/20/18 01:30 PM.
Jersey Shore
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Jersey Shore
March looks nice. I'd also like to see all of them in advance.

Stan
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
I just checked too. Chat option popped up so thought what the heck.

Said limited no discounts. I said, but I was able to use DRVCMEMBER on January but NOT working for February. Said maybe it was because it was a previous month issue. I said nope, bought January in January. Basically an exercise in frustration and waste of time. I too, will wait for Coco reward certificate. IF I miss it, then so be it. And then representative went on to tell me to keep a close eye on availability, especially the plush . . . well I think that might be true for the January but seriously doubt February will sell out so fast and have to resort to eBay to buy one . . . I didn't and won't as I'm not collecting those . . . and March, while better looking than February has a vinyl look/finish to it, not a fan.

Yep, waste of time chatting. Probably someone sitting in their pajamas in front of their computer with "canned" replies.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Free shipping today. I was weak and went ahead with my preorder on "The Last Jedi." I'll just hold off on the $10 off $40 order until the last day the code is active to see if there is another free shipping day.

I miss the days of free shipping on $50+ orders.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
luckdragon, So you caved on the ornament too? I received notice my Coco DVD had shipped, should arrive Tuesday. When do the emails with the 10.00 code come out . . . ? I usually don't pay attention as they always expire so quick I never have a chance to use them, maybe once, others were all wasted. Thanks~!

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
No, I just caved on the blu ray preorder. You should get the email Tuesday morning.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Thanks~!

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Code arrived today. I have no idea what's going on with it. I popped Steamboat Willie in my bag along with an $8 nightshirt (Disgust! I have the Sadness one and was excited to see that they had that one reduced to $8), The Last Jedi reuseable tote, and then popped in a $20 item to make sure the code was going to work on Steamboat Willie. I might have considered waiting for another free shipping promo, but the Disgust nightshirt being $7.99 really helped since it was $19.99 during the Friends & Family sale when it first caught my eye.

Okay, so the subtotal was a bit under $60, meaning half of that was the Mickey ornament. So, taking Mickey out, it was a $30 subtotal. Anyway, I put in the code, and it took it, but it's not showing any discount on the ornament. Since the code is $10 off $40, that means that it wouldn't work without Mickey, but it's not taking anything off. Very confusing. In my mind's eye, the $10 is coming off that ornament.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Got mine ordered. Yay.

I actually have package(s) coming today from UPS (Disney) and FedEx . . . and another UPS tomorrow. I feel like it has been a drought on deliveries from USPS, UPS and FedEx in recent weeks. hahahahaha I'm sure "my guys" will be glad to know I'm still alive & kicking~!!!!

I got the ornament set, 2 of the reusable totes with the Compass artwork, 1 for me & 1 for Sarah, really like using these as what would take 10-15 of the flimsy plastic bags from the store I can fit in 2-3 of the reusable and less trips to/from when I remember them . . . Sarah says she learned to faithfully use them especially last year when they were living on the third floor eek . . . and the Little Mermaid Figurine Playset . . . don't often see items with Ariel in her wedding dress and Ursula will go well with my Villains for my Halloween Cake decorations plus it was on sale too. But like luckdragon, my 10.00 was really for the ornament set even IF Disney's Shopping Cart doesn't think so. smile

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
"Coco" arrives for me tomorrow.

I did order "Lady and the Tramp" blu ray on this order to get the free shipping. Even though it's $2 cheaper at places like Target, it saved me shipping cost, so I'm good. It's my second favorite Disney movie, and I wouldn't mind having a digital copy.

One thing that bugs me about reusable totes is that they're marketed to help the environment, but when you receive a case of them in store, most companies individually wrap them in plastic. You have to unwrap each one so they can be sold. So, how is that helping the environment?

The Disney ones though are cute. Especially if they are reduced price.

I did buy the Minnie nightie for the same price as Disgust. And I got these cute lounge pants:
https://www.shopdisney.com/chip-n-dale-lounge-pants-for-women-1455614 Little high, even with the discounted price, but look at their glasses and ties! Awww!

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: luckdragon
"Coco" arrives for me tomorrow.

I did order "Lady and the Tramp" blu ray on this order to get the free shipping. Even though it's $2 cheaper at places like Target, it saved me shipping cost, so I'm good. It's my second favorite Disney movie, and I wouldn't mind having a digital copy.

One thing that bugs me about reusable totes is that they're marketed to help the environment, but when you receive a case of them in store, most companies individually wrap them in plastic. You have to unwrap each one so they can be sold. So, how is that helping the environment?

The Disney ones though are cute. Especially if they are reduced price.

I did buy the Minnie nightie for the same price as Disgust. And I got these cute lounge pants:
https://www.shopdisney.com/chip-n-dale-lounge-pants-for-women-1455614 Little high, even with the discounted price, but look at their glasses and ties! Awww!

I'd guess . . . IF one used them 1-2 times a week x 52 weeks x 3-4 years (in Sarah's case) . . . that is 300-400 times . . . and still going strong . . . vs. say at least 10 plastic throw away bags 1-2 times a week that is like 1,000 times x over same 3-4 years . . . that would be 3-4,000 plastic grocery bags NOT used.

While I've bought her many, many of these bags . . . sometimes by time she goes to Sprouts and Kroger . . . she might easily use 10 bags in one shopping trip, mainly big shopping once a week . . . that even though I've given her various movie themed bags, Lion King being a real favorite of both of us . . . plus a couple of years, probably at least 2, maybe 3 designs for Christmas & Halloween over these years . . . that she even uses Christmas & Halloween year round . . . and always gets lots of compliments on her "cute bags" . . . I've even had kids tap their Mother's in line and point to my "cute bags" . . .

Anyways . . . they always help when you are just 2-3 or 4-5 dollars away from free shipping . . . and she enjoys them and I enjoyed buying them for her. Hoping by time they do Toy Story 4 they'll have one, one of her all time favorite Disney movies and probably the first one I took her to the theater to see as she would have been almost 2 when it came out . . . but I wasn't buying these back when those movies came out . . . IF they even made them for 1 & 2 probably not.

Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
Picked up Coco in the store tonight. Haven't used my code for anything yet. Certainly wasn't $40 in the stores that appealed to me. I miss the days of the stores having a mix of merchandise that would appeal to Disney fans of all ages.

Mark
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
At least you still have a store. We haven't had one in almost 15 years. Not even one in the entire state, used to have 2-3 in state. Nearest is Atlanta.

Back then, could get snowglobes, buy Disney Dollars for the kids for trips, of course stuff for the kids, pins (sometimes), even nicer clothing for adults like Reyn Spooner Hawaiian shirts with a Disney twist . . . Halloween costumes . . . lots of other stuff. And now of course Christmas ornaments in person would be nice, back then, unfortunately, I was "staying true" to Hallmark and probably missed a lot of great ornaments, I know I missed some Sketchbooks from the 2000's due to "staying true". frown

What I'd like to have IF I had a huge enough room, would be some of the Disney store fixture figurines~!!!! haha

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
I lost my local Disney Store in 2008, a few months after the first Sketchbook ornaments came out in 2007. I remember getting a catalog in the mail from the Disney Store that showed their Christmas ornaments, saying they were on sale 3 for a certain price (I can't remember, I just remember the "3 for" part). I wanted the Pongo/Perdita ornament in front of the window and the Baloo/Mowgli ornament. When I got to the store, I picked out a third (Jiminy Cricket). Then, poof, the store was gone. I didn't start ordering them online until...probably 2011 since I wasn't a big online shopper for a long time and just bought things in stores, so it never dawned on me to look for a Disney Store website. So, I feel you about missing out on some.

"Coco" showed up! laugh

I also got this beautiful Ravensburger puzzle today!
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B078PLHK43/

I've bought a few puzzles from Amazon that are Ravensburger that I've never seen in stores. There's a UK seller on Amazon called Englishpostbox UK, and I love that seller! They ship so quickly with free shipping, and they package the puzzles in the perfect sized box. I'm not sure if they sell these Ravensburger Disney puzzles are available in the US. I've seen the Pixar Ravensburger ones in various stores, but I've never seen the Disney ones. Amazon has a few in stock now (they haven't before and not of this one yet), so maybe they're coming here? Typically, the seller charges around $23 for a puzzle like this. A Ravensburger 1000 piece puzzle in the US is $19.99, so $23 is not too shabby (especially considering the shipping's free). I do wish the Disney Store website had these. They make several pretty ones. I have a Cinderella one from them where she's transforming into the ballgown, and the ballgown is actually silver like it is in the movie (instead of blue like Disney markets it).

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Nice puzzle. I love buying puzzles. Especially Disney, both Ravensburger & Thomas Kinkade and of course Hallmark ornament puzzles plus a few others.

I still need to do the puzzle in my signature and have since added the Mickey one too that is similar in style & era . . . and have them framed.

One thing about puzzles . . . we can start one . . . then I go to bed . . . and wake up in the morning and it is COMPLETE. Steve can't stop it seems once he starts on a puzzle. 500, 750, 1000 . . . 3D . . . . it doesn't seem to matter. haha

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Only thing I don't like about puzzles is trying to find a place to store them after finishing. I'm not a framer since I like putting them together over and over again. I wish they had smaller boxes. Target sells some Ceaco puzzles in smaller boxes than Wal-Mart, Amazon, Toys R Us, Hobby Lobby, etc. Same puzzles, but the boxes are smaller. Shame that the ones they're selling I have no interest in or already have (like the Thomas Kinkade Disney ones).

I have almost all of the 750 piece Thomas Kinkade Disney puzzles. I'm missing Snow White and Pinocchio.

Even have a Pinterest of the puzzles:
https://www.pinterest.com/luckdragon9/puzzles-i-love/

My Disney Store order shipped! Says it'll be here on Friday. Quickest they've done in a long time.

B
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper
Online Content
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper
B
I also make a lot of puzzles and put them in Ziploc bags, back in their original boxes.

Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
Now I want that puzzle. Thanks, I think. (Not that I've put a puzzle together in a couple of decades, but I want it.)

Mark
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: carstairs38
Now I want that puzzle. Thanks, I think. (Not that I've put a puzzle together in a couple of decades, but I want it.)

Mark, Me too~! Since you collect pins, do you remember or perhaps have some of the pins from the 100 Years set, I think the first set, that most/all of those posters were represented by a pin each in that set? They were like perfect little replicas of the posters. I think we have most of them . . . and then some of the pins from the set(s) went down to like 1.99 in the store that made great traders for the kids back then on our trips.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard