YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Ruh roh!

https://www.shopdisney.com/mickey-mouse-...release-1461426

Hmm...to buy or not to buy... $29.95 a month. Yikes!

These are like the Vinylmation, it seems because this one has an artist signature on it, and Steve Thompson didn't do it. I think Vinylmation does that. I have zero Vinylmation, but I've seen Youtube videos about it.

Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
I was just thinking yesterday how nice it was that I didn't have any monthly series going on right now. Then you post this? Why couldn't you keep it to yourself? wink

I believe this is a $10 a month increase over the last series they had, but it is a 2 ornament series, so it sort of makes sense. Still, with the bills that have come in over the last couple of months...yikes!!

I think I would jump on this if we had some idea what the entire series would include like they've done in the past. If there were a lot of potentially great ornaments, then I would jump in. But if I had similar things already, it would be easy to pass.

Mark
My Ornament Reviews Upd 5/9
M
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
M

Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
There are pins, too? Augh!

Still, I wish we could see more than just January and February.

Seriously, thanks for the second link.

Mark
Jersey Shore
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Jersey Shore
So Plane Crazy and Steamboat Willie are the first two. I'll skip these, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the year will be.

Stan
Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Originally Posted By: JerseyVike
So Plane Crazy and Steamboat Willie are the first two. I'll skip these, but I'm looking forward to seeing what the rest of the year will be.

They're actually both January's theme. February's theme is Art Deco. wink

I just noticed that it says we'll get them on the third Saturday of every month.

Oh, so we're finally committing to a time this year, huh? New Year's resolution, Disney?

Saturday's a weird day to have a release. Again, my obsessive stalking on the Shop Disney site. I told you folks I check them daily.

I'm still debating. I would love to know February's Art Deco Mickey. This could get very interesting... Hopefully it won't sell out before the "Coco" pre-order code comes in. If all goes well, I can score the January & February ones for $10 off.

It is insulting that the February stuff is pictured except the ornament set.

Pasadena, CA USA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Pasadena, CA USA
Is the plane a full-sized ornament, or a mini? Wish there was a place to see these in person.
I think I'm going to pass on these and just admire them online. But I really do love vintage Mickey, so it's hard for me to pass. I'll be getting the Hallmark fairy monthly series, and that's enough for the time being.

Thanks for the heads-up though, and the links. Much appreciated. It feels good to be informed.

Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
Originally Posted By: luckdragon

If you scroll down on the second link shared (not the one you shared), on the right hand side, there is a bigger box that says "Mickey Through the Years: Commemorate Mickey Mouse's legacy with collector ornament sets." Inside the box is a two piece Steamboat Willie set. From something I saw when I was looking at the link earlier, I believe that is the February release in the series.

Mark
Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Originally Posted By: carstairs38

If you scroll down on the second link shared (not the one you shared), on the right hand side, there is a bigger box that says "Mickey Through the Years: Commemorate Mickey Mouse's legacy with collector ornament sets." Inside the box is a two piece Steamboat Willie set. From something I saw when I was looking at the link earlier, I believe that is the February release in the series.

Ahh. I was on my phone the first time I looked, and that image didn't show up. I can see it on my computer though. Thanks! I like it better than the Art Deco look. Too much yellow.

I wonder if Hallmark will have a special Mickey ornament to honor his 90th...

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: carstairs38

Had to look a second time. Was looking on the left the first time. Duh. Need more coffee. Thanks, Mark~!!!

I may have to dig out my Disney Treasure's DVD Tin of the Black & White MM Shorts and watch some today and see what "possibilities" lie ahead for this series.

I think I have to get the first in the series for sure. With the "how to fly" as Steven is majoring in Aeronautical Engineering. How can I not buy it? haha smile

Was watching PBS "The American Experience" that I had recorded the other day. Imagine how I felt when I saw it was Part TWO and I didn't have a Part One to watch? Checked my Direct guide online and it isn't airing in the foreseeable future. The 2 hours in Part Two was very interesting. Didn't know about the protests about Song of the South, some of the early strikes @ Disney Art Studios (paint & ink shop) . . . lots of Walt history.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
While I don't think they will go all in, 12 months, with only black & white, several Mickey's have been done in previous series. Repeats? Similar but not the same with non-Steve Thompson artist.

Would they do a Mickey's Runaway Brain version for October?

Two Gun Mickey. I don't think any of the other series have touched upon that one. I think they did the one with Mickey on the horse but it wasn't a Two Gun representation. I think.

Seems they already have done Brave Little Tailor . . . Sorcerer Mickey, Modern/Current Mickey and MM Club themed one too, Partners Statue with Walt, etc. Mine are all packed away and I don't have photos handy to refresh memory on them either.

Maybe a Santa Mickey for December or not.

Patriotic Mickey for July.

I have the Mickey Thru the Years snowglobe from the Parade of Dreams and the same but slightly different minus the Mickey Ears and has the Runaway Brain Mickey finial and then a jar candle holder base for Yankee Candles or similar size with various Mickey's on it. Nifty Nineties, Steamboat, Brave Little Tailor, Sorcerer, Tuxedo . . . they all seem to use the same tried and true Mickey's "thru the years".

Guess time will tell.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
P.S. The Plush for January is already Sold Out. Wow. That was fast. From the photos, seems it has Mickey impressions of Steamboat Willie embossed into/on the black part of the fabric. And the foot has Walt's Quote, embroidered on the foot. Don't like how the thread skips from end of one word to beginning of next word. Series 1 of 12 patch on other foot. Easy to pass on even IF it wasn't sold out.

Hmmmmm I don't collect plush per se . . . but with the silver/black/white . . . I guess it is alright but then I don't collect plush. Pins and mugs + ornament all show as available.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
I liked the plush except for the Mickey impressions all over it. Not that I need a plush. I can't see that orange February Mickey selling quick like that though.

The mugs would get old quick. It's nice that they're stackable, but imagine twelve of them...no thank you.

I'll stick with my classic Pooh mugs. They came from the Disney Store website (Parks authentic mugs) and are lovely.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Free shipping today. Man...that "wait until free shipping promo" to decide came quickly...

But, the ornament has sold out, so I don't have to worry about it. wink I tried it since I had a $10 off code for an issue back in November. It lets me get to the check out stage and then says they had to update my bag since some items sold out. So, either it sold out or there's an issue.

Luckily, this is the series I'm least excited about since Hallmark basically has the same idea but are much cheaper in this case. It's at least $5 overpriced. I have a hunch the "limit 5" is the issue. People buying to resell. *shrugs*

M
M
Originally Posted By: Diana*
Is the plane a full-sized ornament, or a mini?

Item No. 6505056633940P

Limited Release
Set of two Sketchbook Ornaments
Includes Mickey Mouse as seen in Walt Disney's Plane Crazy (1928), plus Mickey's plane
The bare necessities

Resin
Mickey 4'' H
Plane 2 1/2'' L
Imported

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Free shipping today. Man...that "wait until free shipping promo" to decide came quickly...

But, the ornament has sold out, so I don't have to worry about it. wink I tried it since I had a $10 off code for an issue back in November. It lets me get to the check out stage and then says they had to update my bag since some items sold out. So, either it sold out or there's an issue.

Luckily, this is the series I'm least excited about since Hallmark basically has the same idea but are much cheaper in this case. It's at least $5 overpriced. I have a hunch the "limit 5" is the issue. People buying to resell. *shrugs*

Oops. Oh well. I was surprised with the 5 limit vs the old 2 limit . . . IF I decide I really want it . . . there is always eBay. I honestly don't see this series or pretty much any of the other monthly series selling like hotcakes but then I don't really look on eBay . . . but I'm thinking very few go for "that" much to offset the original cost, eBay fees Plus PayPal fees. Not much room left for profit for all the trouble.

Pasadena, CA USA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Pasadena, CA USA
Thanks mtwnmk for the size info on the plane. That answers that.

I'm shocked it sold out so quickly, but I think you are right Luckdragon that it is probably in part due to allowing people to order 5 of the limited item (and most likely for resale). Since they are already starting high, that will be a hefty resale price.

I'm ok about it selling out and not getting it. I have tons of Mickey in my collection from Hallmark over the years.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Just ordered.

Not sold out.

Time will tell.

Pre-ordered Coco DVD and the Coco puzzle . . . so 10% off the ornament set and the puzzle.

FREESHIP.

Last series . . . I think I only bought 4 of them, and wish I had only bought 3, regretted one of them. So, we'll see with this series. The first 2-3 monthly series I bought them all, now that I've broken the pattern . . . it will be easy to skip & pick & choose favorites only. Pretty sure I'll get February too.

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
I guess it was glitching this morning. I went ahead and ordered it with my $10 off code and the free shipping. Not sure if I'll buy all or not. The second one, maybe since I'll need something to use the $10 off $40 code (I love the Donald Duck watch they have with the moving hands like the old Mickey watches, but it's only $30).

I just wish they had just done a single ornament for $19.99 instead of including a mini. I've got nothing for "Plane Crazy," so I don't mind getting this and saving the $10 off too.

Deana, Toys R Us sells those Ravensburger puzzles for Coco. Sometimes, they'll have Ravensburger for 20% off, and they have more designs than what is on the site. In case you are in the market for another "Coco" puzzle. wink

I'm still waiting for Shop Disney to get this puzzle:
https://smile.amazon.com/Disney-Aladdin-Jasmine-Anniversary-Signature/dp/B06X8ZRYXM/

I have the Signature Beauty and the Beast, Lion King, The Little Mermaid, Sorcerer Mickey, and Dumbo puzzles, and I really want this one. Dragging their feet...

Southern California
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Southern California
I missed the free shipping. I was happy when I thought it was sold out since that would mean I wouldn't have to decide about the series at all. smile

I really wish they would release all of them for us to see and make up my mind.

Mark
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard