YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 39 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#130526 12/15/08 03:25 PM
Overland Park, KS
Elf VP
OP Offline
Elf VP
Overland Park, KS
I made these this weekend for the first time and they were sooo easy that I just had to share. They taste just like chocolate covered prezels but they are so much easier to make. I couldn't find any pretzel rings but used the smaller traditional shaped pretzels instead and it worked out fine. They may have been a little prettier if using the round ones.

Pretzel Wreaths
---------------
Pretzel rings (round shaped pretzels)
Hershey's Hugs
Christmas M&M's
Easy release aluminum foil

Line a cookie sheet with easy release aluminum foil. Place the pretzel rings flat on the cookie sheet. Place one Hershey Hug in the center of each pretzel ring. Put the cookie sheet in a 350 degree oven for 3 minutes (just until the Hug gets melty). Remove from oven and place an M&M on top of each hug, and press the M&M down so the melted Hug fills the center of the pretzel ring. Let cool for 5 minutes (until the Hug has set up a bit) and remove from pan. Place on wax paper to completely cool. (I just put the cookie sheet in the fridge after it had cooled a bit.)

Teresa

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them" --- Walt Disney
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
These sound pretty, Teresa. Can you post a picture of what they look like?

Also, I probably should know, but being diabetic, it's probably best that I don't.... but what are Hershey Hugs? And by round pretzels, do they mean the twists, or just round like an O pretzels?

Ginny #130559 12/16/08 02:40 AM
Overland Park, KS
Elf VP
OP Offline
Elf VP
Overland Park, KS
Hugs are a variety of Hershey's Kiss except in white chocolate. They also have small stripes of milk chocolate around the white. By round, the pretzels should be in the shape of an O. I used the ones with the tradional twist since I couldn't find the O's at the one store I went too. I'll take a picture of my second batch when I find the O's!

Teresa

"All your dreams can come true if you have the courage to pursue them" --- Walt Disney
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Thanks for the reply, Teresa. I guess I knew what Hugs were but just forgot that was their name.

Did you ever get your second batch made? \:\)

Ginny #138619 04/04/09 10:57 AM
C
CHRISMOUSE
Unregistered
CHRISMOUSE
Unregistered
C
I'd like to see a picture of them too. They sound easy and delicious.

#180686 10/19/10 02:25 AM
W
Elf
Elf
W
What a great sounding recipe! And so much easier than melting chocolate and dipping pretzels into it. I will try these soon!
....Susan....

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
We were in a fudge shop along the Blue Ridge Parkway this summer, we go there EVERY year while visiting the in-laws, tradition ya know, and they had the traditional twisted pretzels but they were of the thicker and larger variety. I wonder where you could buy those? DD love fixing up bags of dipped and various decorated pretzels with various mini-candies for her friends and teachers around Christmas time. This fudge/candy store had a GIGANTIC and I mean GIGANTIC bag of them for 5.00 but it was the broken/chipped ones, it must have been a 20# bag of them. LOL But we want non-broken ones. Oh well, that gives me a few months to track them down before the holidays. ;\)

J
Elf in Training
Elf in Training
J
I used the ones with the tradional twist since I couldn't find the O's at the one store I went too. I'll take a picture of my second batch when I find the O's!

H
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
H
is there a way to get a copy sent ? tried to copy and paste and it makes the page close

Clearwater, Florida
S
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper
Online Content
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper
S
Clearwater, Florida
I'm going to try the choc. pretzels. Sounds yummy.

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard