YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
1 members (susan in florida), 24 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#301138 11/08/16 01:40 AM
South Florida
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
OP Offline
South Florida
Anyone here have one and use it regularly? I am thinking of asking my parents for one for Christmas! I saw that kohls is having a great sale for Black Friday on them.

I love cooking and baking but want to purchase one and actually use it not just for making cookies once in awhile. Thanks so much for any opinions!

MA
Elf VP
Elf VP
MA
I finally bought one about 4 years ago and I love it! But...I really would have loved it years ago when my kids were young and I did a lot more baking than I do now.
So I say, get it now while you're young and enjoy it, they seem to have a pretty good life span!

Karen

B
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper
YuleLoggers Club Co-coordinator
Santa's Helper
B
I also have a Kitchen Aid mixer for at least 15 years. It works great and mixes large and small batches of whatever.

South Florida
OP Offline
South Florida
Thanks for the input! I think it will be a great thing to have and especially when I move out next year...it goes with me! Haha! Thanks guys smile

Massachusetts
YuleLoggers Club Secretary
Elf Manager
YuleLoggers Club Secretary
Elf Manager
Massachusetts
I use mine all the time and love it! If you love baking, it is such a fabulous tool, especially as the baking-heavy holiday season approaches.

Samantha
South Florida
OP Offline
South Florida
This is the one I am looking at getting. It will be about $200 on Black Friday which I believe is a great price!

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Go for it. My 22 yr old daughter bought herself one with her b-day money this past January. She loves it. Then added several attachments from wedding registry in May, Spiralizer, Ice Cream Maker, etc. She cooks way more than I do at this point.

We both have the 6 quart version with the larger pro motor, 575 watts I think.

One thing IF you are going to keep it on the counter, get some "sliders". Ours both take 5 of these on the bottom and it easily glides across counter top with one finger, maybe two. Definitely worth the couple of bucks from Amazon. Otherwise they are heavy and hard to move from back out of the way to where you actually use it.

Hardest decision?

=

What Color To Buy~!!!!!

South Florida
OP Offline
South Florida
Qwackertoo, thank you!!! I really think I am going to get one this holiday season. The sliders are a great idea, I will definitely check those out on amazon when I get mine. There are 35 colors...it's so hard to choose but I think the pink just looks magical!

Duncan, OK USA
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Duncan, OK USA
I think that's what my niece asked my sister to get her a couple of years ago for Christmas. If not, something similar and she loves it. Hers is not pink though. Pink would have been her last choice. Every since my sister kept her dressed in pink when she was little, she hates pink. smile

Linda

Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
My family's had one for a few years, and I use it the most since I'm the baker of the family. I really enjoy it. It's easy to use and very efficient. Ours is plain white to match the appliances.

Black Friday or Cyber Monday are the best days to get these on sale. But, if you observe circulars in December, most stores will repeat their Black Friday sales in December. Not all at once, but a few every week for a full week or a day or two.

Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Elf Manager
Elf Manager
Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
Melbow31 please bear with me on this but it may be better not to wait until black Friday.

Right now, the mixer you want is $349.99 and has a $50.00 rebate making it 299.99 plus tax.

If your parents have a Discover card, they should go through Discover deals and earn 5% back in rewards on their Kohls Online purchase. If they do not have a Discover card, they should sign up for a cash back reward site like Ebates (it only has 3% right now but better than nothing)

Click through the cashback or discover deals to the Kohls site to establish the cashback link and place the mixer in the cart. Add the TURKEY30 to the cart for 30% off mixer if you are Kohls charge card member.

So, 349.99 - 30% (104.99)= $244.99 add in the $50 rebate that is valid right now and it brings down the cost to $194.99.

You will also get back 3%-5% depending on the cashback site you went through and you also get back Kohls cash for the purchase as well.

They probably won't have a rebate available during black Friday and you would have to fight crowds to get it.

Just a suggestion... if you need more info feel free to PM me.

H
H
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=ch...20outlet%20ohio

nice drive to the outlet/mueseum/ repair store
go for annie oakly days(i think august) and GREAT discounts to be had..

i know this wont help now but ... just an fyi

South Florida
OP Offline
South Florida
I ended up getting the light pink mixer and used it on Wednesday with my 90 year old grandma. It was such a fun day and a great new memory for me and her. This to me is what the holidays are all about! <3

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Very sweet~!!!!! Merry Christmas to you and your Grandma~!!!!

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard