YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
1 members (susan in florida), 24 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Seminole, FL USA
K
Elf Manager
OP Offline
Elf Manager
K
Seminole, FL USA
I don't know how it happen but during my move in September I loss my Snickerdoodle recipe!! I can't believe it!!! It was my Great Aunt's recipe! I remember all the ingredients but not the measurements!! I made them and didn't taste the same!! ;(

I googled it and they seem to use 'cream of tartar' and I don't use that.

I'm hoping I gave it to someone one here after all these years!!

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kat

Pasadena, CA USA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Pasadena, CA USA
Kathy, you posted in 2010 that you put the recipe in the YuleLog Christmas cards you sent that year. Several people engaged in a conversation about different Snickerdoodle recipes, but unfortunately your recipe was never posted on the board.
You can do a search for the post on the 2010 card exchange to see who asked to be included that year. They may not be reading this topic. Perhaps if you email directly some of them they may have your recipe? Good luck!

Pasadena, CA USA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Pasadena, CA USA
Good news! I posted a request for the recipe on the main discussion board and Susie47 responded that she had it from the 2010 Christmas card exchange. Kathy - check your private messages!

Merry Christmas! Have fun baking.

Duncan, OK USA
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Duncan, OK USA
I'm so glad you found it for her, Diana! I think I participated in the card exchange then, but I would have just tossed out any recipes without even looking at them. Not much on cooking. smile

Linda

Seminole, FL USA
K
Elf Manager
OP Offline
Elf Manager
K
Seminole, FL USA
Thank you so much Diana!! Susie sent it to me!! I'm so super excited!! It's been in our family for over 100 years and my sister didn't have it either!!

Sorry it's taken so long to get to this post but I left Dec. 15th for MD to be with my family and friends for Christmas since this is my first Christmas without Ray and my Dad. My daughter came down to DC with my granddaughter for a few days to be with me! I had a great time showing her how to make my Walnut Crescents which she says is her Favvvvvvorite cookies in the world!!!!! She will be 4 Feb. 5th! I ended up making 30 dozen!!!!!!! She leaves them for Santa but said she thinks her Poppa ate them because he loves them and can't stop eating them!!! LOL

Pasadena, CA USA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Pasadena, CA USA
I'm glad this had a happy ending. Also - might I suggest you enter the recipe on this board? That way you can search for it if the need arises again.
Sounds like you had a lovely time with family. Merry Christmas.

Pasadena, CA USA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Pasadena, CA USA
Hey Kathy, don't forget to share your recipe on here! Looking forward to seeing it. :-)

Clearwater, Florida
S
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper
Online Content
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper
S
Clearwater, Florida
Love Kathy's cookies.

South Florida
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
South Florida
I would love the Snickerdoodle recipe if you would share it with us Kathy!!! Getting ready to do my holiday baking smile

Miss you guys! <3

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard