YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Springfield, Mo 65804
O
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
OP Offline
O
Springfield, Mo 65804
The Ornament Collectors club of the Ozarks has finally secured a New location for their Annual Holiday show and sale!
September 12, 2012
The new Location is at Relic's Antique Mall on Battlefield Road in Springfield, MO.
More information to follow about retired artist's coming and the other information
Plenty of room for anyone to come and set up to sell their ornaments and other Holiday related items. Much larger than our previous location.
If you would like to set up please email at [email protected] Thank you Carol

N Arkansas
Elf
Elf
N Arkansas
I hope that I can make it. Will,add it to my calendar.

~ Jamie ~
Springfield, Mo 65804
O
OP Offline
O
Springfield, Mo 65804
If you would like to Purchase tables at this event in Springfield, MO please email [email protected] or
call Steve Knight at 417 851 7477

Arlington,TX
D
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
D
Arlington,TX
Generally, how big is this show? How many booths/sellers?

Shawnee, KS USA
N
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
N
Shawnee, KS USA
I appreciate that you're trying to raise funds to help groups that don't get money from other sources, but I'm going to have to skip this event this year. I have a lot of things I'd like to have Don Palmiter sign, but I don't think I can afford $1/signature. If you offered 6 for $5, 12 for $10, and 25 for $20 it would be more in my price range. I'll pass the word along to people from my local club who have attended in the past but I suspect they'll not be coming this year either based on your signature prices.

Oklahoma
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Oklahoma
Originally Posted By: ozknight
The Ornament Collectors club of the Ozarks has finally secured a New location for their Annual Holiday show and sale!
September 12, 2012
The new Location is at Relic's Antique Mall on Battlefield Road in Springfield, MO.
More information to follow about retired artist's coming and the other information
Plenty of room for anyone to come and set up to sell their ornaments and other Holiday related items. Much larger than our previous location.
If you would like to set up please email at [email protected] Thank you Carol

Is the "2012" year a typo, Carol?

Terri

Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Originally Posted By: Nancy C. in Shawnee, KS
I appreciate that you're trying to raise funds to help groups that don't get money from other sources, but I'm going to have to skip this event this year. I have a lot of things I'd like to have Don Palmiter sign, but I don't think I can afford $1/signature. If you offered 6 for $5, 12 for $10, and 25 for $20 it would be more in my price range. I'll pass the word along to people from my local club who have attended in the past but I suspect they'll not be coming this year either based on your signature prices.

I'm also disappointed at the per ornament cost for signing. I would have not been opposed to perhaps a $5 one-time fee to get ornaments signed, but the fee being charged is excessive.

We were used to paying a $5 fee for entry to the show. I don't know why you reduced that to $2 (?). It almost looks like the secondary sales part of your show is being promoted, and the signing part is being phased out.

I realize there were people showing up with suitcases full of ornaments to be signed, but many others didn't fall into that group. Couldn't that have been regulated more efficiently, and not at the expense of the majority?

When I heard Don Palmiter would be there, I was excited, but now, I'm only planning to attend if I can coincide it with one of my weeks in Branson. I do realize planning these things is a thankless job, & don't mean to be overly critical with the sharing of these thoughts.

Springfield, Mo 65804
O
OP Offline
O
Springfield, Mo 65804
yes should be 2015

Pasadena, CA USA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Pasadena, CA USA
Wish I could attend! I've enjoyed several Don Palmiter signings and he's always a gentleman. In general, I don't bring tons of ornaments to get signed, so the pricing seems fine to me - contribute a couple of dollars, get a chance to chat with the artist and get a signature, shop for ornaments - sounds like a wonderful Hallmark day.
Good luck with the event and I hope you earn a lot for your charity project.

Springfield, Mo 65804
O
OP Offline
O
Springfield, Mo 65804
This show has usually 15 to 20 dealers with several tables loaded with Hallmark and other holiday related collectables.
The attendance has been down. But we are expected to have a lot more in attendance since we are connected with the Relics Antique Mall and they are posting the event.
We are not a large club. And having Mr. Palmiter should draw many more people to the event

Springfield, Mo 65804
O
OP Offline
O
Springfield, Mo 65804
Please remember this signing opportunity is for Charity. These are charities that do not get funding from sources other than personal donations
Hope you can all be with us if you can't hope to see you next year. Thank you

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard