YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#265306 07/12/14 10:32 PM
Washington State
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Washington State
We're having an exceptional summer this year, warmer than usual for the Northwest, so I learned an easy way to make lemonade, often when working late at the office...

1 large lemon (for 1/4 cup or more of juice)
1/4 cup sugar
1 cup water

Wash your hands thoroughly.

Cut lemon in half and use a juicer.

OR

Cut a lemon in thirds (so you have two ends and a middle), then cut the middle piece in half (so it looks like two thick, half slices of lemon).

Squeeze lemon with one hand, one piece at a time, over a bowl.

Spoon out seeds.

OR

If you don't like pulp - (I love pulp) - remove seeds and pulp with a mesh strainer.

Pour juice into tall glass. (I hold a spoon in the glass in one hand, the bowl in the other hand, with the bowl rim touching the spoon handle as I pour the juice into the glass. If done correctly, all the juice will go into the glass, not onto your counter. Practice with water first if you've never done this. smile )

Add sugar and water to glass, stir.

Add ice or put in freezer for 10 minutes or so and then add ice - (I like my lemonade cold).

For a pitcher, start with 12 oz (1 1/2 C) lemon juice (5 - 7 large lemons), 12 oz (1 1/2 C) sugar, and 48 oz (6 C) water, and adjust to taste by adding more lemon juice, more sugar, or more water. I say this because everyone seems to a different preference. smile )

When at home, this is my favorite hand juicer for making fresh lemonade or Margaritas...

http://www.amazon.com/Chefn-Juicester-Ci...keywords=juicer

Enjoy!

Lisa

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Nice recipe, Lisa . . . but way way way more sugar grams than I eat in about two days in just one 8 oz glass.

1/4 cup of sugar = 49 grams of sugar

and about 194 calories.

For one glass . . . kcups have some nice lemonaide and lemon teas . . . even some Snapple flavors.

Washington State
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Washington State
Thanks Deana. Just now seeing your post.

What I neglected to mention is that I always split the recipe between two tall glasses to share or have later. When I'm ready to drink it, I add enough ice to fill the half full tall glass.

Your point is well taken, but I'd argue it's way less calories than margaritas! I made a couple of batches earlier this summer, but they just didn't taste good to me this year. Don't know why, so switched to lemonade.

For a while, I was squeezing three lemons into my juicer - (see link above) - and stored the juice in the juicer until I was ready to make lemonade on demand:

Add to tall glass

1/8 cup lemon juice - (after measuring once, you know how much to pour into the glass)
2 T sugar
4 oz water

Stir and add ice to fill tall glass

Now that Tom's traveling for a while. I'll probably go back to squeezing one lemon at a time between two tall glasses, one for now, one for later.

Lisa smile

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Originally Posted By: grandma lise

Your point is well taken, but I'd argue it's way less calories than margaritas!

Well . . . I don't drink hard liquor. Well, maybe one every 3 years or so.

I will partake in a 4 layered frozen margarita, Lime, Strawberry, Mango and ??? at Mexico in EPCOT and with sugar around the rim instead of salt. Yum. Very strong though. One is my limit.

Wine is my poison of choice. haha blush

Pasadena, CA USA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Pasadena, CA USA
My friends are on a really low carb/low sugar diet and we've been enjoying Cosmos instead of margaritas lately. They use pure cranberry juice as opposed to "cocktail" versions that mix other fruits and add sugar or corn syrup. Oh are they tasty - a bit zingy and tart but I like that. They are strong, so like Deana, one is my limit. At least I say that, and then let somebody coerce me into splitting a second. Haha.

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard