YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Fort Worth, TX
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Fort Worth, TX
The new boards look great to me. Haven't had any problems yet. Love to see who else is online!

Marilyn

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." --Charles Dickens
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
 Originally Posted By: Marilyn K
The new boards look great to me. Haven't had any problems yet. Love to see who else is online!

I'm also thinking, but not 100% sure, that this has a "timeout" feature since I was on last night and then away from computer for awhile but left window open and returned later to see I was "gone" from Who's Online. I was experimenting with the boards a bit last night so clicking around and refreshing so like I said, I'm not 100% sure about this.

Deana

Jersey Shore
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Jersey Shore
Todd, Nice looking changes. Thanks for all the hard work. I'm sure you've had your share of headaches.

Stan
Paradise - San Diego, USA!
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Paradise - San Diego, USA!
When will we be able to access the Yulelogger Club boards?

If we can't get to them now, does that mean there won't be any new posts there until we all can access it?

Karen W2 - Paradise - San Diego, USA!

"If you had the chance to change your fate, would you?!"
Shelby Twp Mi
Elf Manager
Elf Manager
Shelby Twp Mi
New board is great. Thanks for all the hard work you did. When will we be able to see club board? I've been trying the different sights.

Duncan, OK USA
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Duncan, OK USA
At this point, and I am trying find out for sure, it appears I will have go to each club member's profile and manually add them to a Club group before they can see and access the club boards. This may take a while, since there are over 200 members, but I will probably ask for help and set up a few temporary moderators to speed it up.

The cool thing about this, is once you are added to the club group, when you log in, you won't need an extra password to get to the club forums. People not in the group, won't even see the forums listed, (which is why you can't see them now).

One of the club officers may want to send out a club email to explain this.

Todd

Duncan, OK USA
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Duncan, OK USA
 Originally Posted By: lindafay
At this point, and I am trying find out for sure, it appears I will have go to each club member's profile and manually add them to a Club group before they can see and access the club boards. This may take a while, since there are over 200 members, but I will probably ask for help and set up a few temporary moderators to speed it up.

The cool thing about this, is once you are added to the club group, when you log in, you won't need an extra password to get to the club forums. People not in the group, won't even see the forums listed, (which is why you can't see them now).

Todd

Hey! How did Todd post under my name??

Linda

Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
OP Offline
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS

Todd

Hey! How did Todd post under my name??

Linda

Sorry! One of the new features is that I, as administrator, for trouble shooting purposes, can become any member. I was testing this to see what it would like if I set you up as a moderator to help with adding the club members. Thought I had logged out as you and back in as me, before I posted, but I guess I goofed!

Todd

Comfort and Joy!
Todd Ray - YuleLog Software - http://www.yulelog.com
Idaho
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Idaho
I was wondering about that! Looks like Todd has super-human powers.

Canton, OH
Elf VP
Elf VP
Canton, OH
Hi all - AM I the only person who had some kind of "withdrawl" during the last day !!! Anyway, this will be my first post. Glad to be back and I join with everyone else by giving a big THANK YOU TO TODD.

"a retired teacher who's still learning"
C
CHRISMOUSE
Unregistered
CHRISMOUSE
Unregistered
C
Thank you for all your work involved in getting this done, Todd! \:\)

Duncan, OK USA
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Duncan, OK USA
LOL! I figured it was something like that, Todd. Not a problem, but it was strange to see a post with my name, but I didn't write it.

Linda

T
Elf VP
Elf VP
T
 Originally Posted By: Todd Ray
Try typing this in and then setting a bookmark.

http://www.yulelog.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Todd

Hi Todd:

That is the same address I go to when I click on the link from the old board. I tried typing it in and still no luck.

It is strange, but it is just the main board that I can't bookmark. I can bookmark discussions and individual topics, so I've bookmarked the Ornament Collecting dicussion and can access the rest of the board from there. So, I'm fine.

I also occasionally get script error pop ups, so it looks like my browser (AT&T Yahoo) doesn't like a few things about the new board. Overall, I like the new board. It is more like some of the other boards I read. Thanks for all your hard work Todd.

Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
OP Offline
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: toppershopper
 Originally Posted By: Todd Ray
Try typing this in and then setting a bookmark.

http://www.yulelog.com/forums/ubbthreads.php

Todd

Hi Todd:

That is the same address I go to when I click on the link from the old board. I tried typing it in and still no luck.

It is strange, but it is just the main board that I can't bookmark. I can bookmark discussions and individual topics, so I've bookmarked the Ornament Collecting dicussion and can access the rest of the board from there. So, I'm fine.

I also occasionally get script error pop ups, so it looks like my browser (AT&T Yahoo) doesn't like a few things about the new board. Overall, I like the new board. It is more like some of the other boards I read. Thanks for all your hard work Todd.

Not sure what is causing your problem. I've book marked it on several computer and different browsers with no issues...

Idaho
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Idaho
Todd, Thank you! for the hard work and energy you put into getting this board ready, so we can have a place to "gather". I really appreciate it.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
toppershopper, maybe you could delete your OLD bookmark/favorite and then ADD the new link. Worth a shot.

Deana

S
sprock21
Unregistered
sprock21
Unregistered
S
I love this! These boards are great!

Elkhart, Indiana
Elf VP
Elf VP
Elkhart, Indiana
Todd - You have really made a great new board for all Yuleloggers :)! It must have taken quite a bit of time to do it - I cannot begin to imagine!

It has been fun playing around with the board the last couple of days!! I didn't know for sure what an "avatar" was, but quickly figured out that it is the picture beneath one's name ... I found one of my own and was able to download it!

It looks like the board is going to be even more interactive than before ... This could become VERY addictive ;)!!

Stephanie

Fort Worth, TX
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Fort Worth, TX
Love the new addition for our own avatar! Thanks Todd!

Marilyn

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." --Charles Dickens
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
I think we will have fun with the avatars~!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard