YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 29 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
I've noticed when I use my husbands laptop from his office that it will load YuleLog boards and I can read & post fine but when I click on my bookmark it loads the page and then at the bottom says "Done but with errors". Just a weird little thing I noticed.

LaCenter KY USA
J
Elf Manager
Elf Manager
J
LaCenter KY USA
Hey Deana and Todd,
My computer at work did the same thing with the Done but with errors notice at the bottom. My computer at home wouldn't even let me open up any of the threads. When I say your note about turning off the left side, I did and now both of them work fine with the errors message gone.
Thanks
Jeanette

Indiana
G
Elf Manager
Elf Manager
G
Indiana
Todd,

I still can't get the avatar to change, it says the picture can't be more than 100,000 bytes, but I have reduced the picture to 75 by 54 so I must be doing something wrong. Can you help me.

Karen

Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
email it to me and I will see what I can do.

Todd

Comfort and Joy!
Todd Ray - YuleLog Software - http://www.yulelog.com
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
 Originally Posted By: jrudy
When I say your note about turning off the left side, I did and now both of them work fine

Jeanette, meam2you, and Deana: I was having problems with this site too - though different ones from yours - and it seems the solution to my problem was also in turning off the left side. Do either of you use Norton's Internet Security 2008?

Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
If you watch it load, can you tell which section is causing it to hang?

Todd

Elk Grove, California, U.S.A.
C
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
C
Elk Grove, California, U.S.A.
I also was having trouble with the site loading very slowly and after I turned off the left side, it nows loads more quickly. I am not computer savy enough to be able to watch it load and see what was causing it to load slowly.

North Canton, OH
North Canton, OH
 Originally Posted By: Ginny
 Originally Posted By: jrudy
When I say your note about turning off the left side, I did and now both of them work fine

Jeanette, meam2you, and Deana: I was having problems with this site too - though different ones from yours - and it seems the solution to my problem was also in turning off the left side. Do either of you use Norton's Internet Security 2008?

I don't have Norton's, I use Trend Micro Antivirus that was installed for me at Best Buy. I'm not sure what anti-virus is on the other computer here that I've used with no problems loading the left side.

Leigh
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
 Originally Posted By: Todd Ray

Todd

I don't know, Todd, but I'll have to turn on the left side again and see if I can tell the next time.

Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
 Originally Posted By: Todd Ray

Todd

Sorry for the long time to respond. I replied in the "incompatibility" thread.

Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
I noticed when looking at a user's profile, there is an option to check to add that person to your "watched user list". What is that? What happens when you add someone to that list? Do you get an email telling you when they have posted, or what?

I did only a very quick search in the FAQs searching for "watched user", but didn't come up with anything.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
 Originally Posted By: Ginny
I noticed when looking at a user's profile, there is an option to check to add that person to your "watched user list". What is that? What happens when you add someone to that list? Do you get an email telling you when they have posted, or what?

I did only a very quick search in the FAQs searching for "watched user", but didn't come up with anything.

I don't know but I'll add you to my "watched users" and report back to you. Feel free to add me to yours and we'll see IF it amounts to anything.

Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Ok, you are now on my watched list. We'll see what happens.

Are you "invisible"? I am; so wondering if it will work. ;\)

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Currently, I'm invisible.

OK, as far as I can tell IF I click on My Stuff where you have the pull down menu, My Messaged, My Profile, My Preferences, My Watch Lists, and My Posts, IF I select My Watch Lists then across the top I can then select Watched Forums, Watched Topics & Watched Users. At this point it says I'm not watching any Forums, which I'm not. THEN IF I click on Watched Users pages and pages of topics you have posted on pop up. In conclusion, I really don't see any difference from "watching you" vs. clicking on your user name in a thread you've posted on and then with the pull down menu selecting View Posts resulting in pages of All Posts By Ginny.

I don't see much use in this UNLESS someone who was too busy to read the board often and was a member of the YuleLoggers and wanted to keep up with posts by the President OR posts by the Sponsor (sales or whatever) OR posts by Todd OR IF someone had a favorite seller on the B/S/T boards and never wants to miss a post by them but doesn't have time to wade through all the other posts which sounds like the most useful reason for utilizing this feature.

Clearwater, Florida
S
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper
YuleLoggers Vice President
Santa's Helper
S
Clearwater, Florida
It's neat if you want to read everything one person wrote otherwise it's not good for much

Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Deana, I see what you mean ........ and agree.

I tried "watching a topic", and that sends you an email each time someone replies.

Port Orchard, WA
Port Orchard, WA
Okay, I've read through all the posts on this topic and I haven't seen anyone mention anything about the red numbers in parenthesis in the replies column.

In the ornament discussion forum I am consistently seeing something like this:(2) appearing directly behind the number of replies for a given topic. Of course the number isn't always a two, a few minutes ago I saw one that was a seven.

Does anyone know what this signifies? Does this represent replies that are currently being written, but not yet posted?

Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
I believe it represents # of replies since you last visited/clicked on that topic.

ft laud,florida
Elf VP
Elf VP
ft laud,florida
yes ginny.. i believe thats correct. thats how my viewing always works.

curt1108 (sue)
Duncan, OK USA
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Duncan, OK USA
I came here tonight and suddenly, the stuff on the left hand side (shout box, calendar, etc) is taking up more room. Leaving me less room for the discussion side. Is this something I've done? If it is, how do I get it back? I've tried grabbing edges to pull them back, but they don't pull.

Linda

Page 8 of 10 1 2 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard