YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 24 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10
Houston TX
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Houston TX
Todd, when I checked My Profile, I notice the email address showing was about 5 years old. When I tried to update to my current one, it says it is being used by another member. What's up with that?

Idaho
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Idaho
Cute picture Cathy!

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
 Originally Posted By: Cathy_Tex
Todd, when I checked My Profile, I notice the email address showing was about 5 years old. When I tried to update to my current one, it says it is being used by another member. What's up with that?

can you tell who is using it and ask them to stop? LOL

Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS

Email me the old and new emails and I will try and figure it out.

Todd

Comfort and Joy!
Todd Ray - YuleLog Software - http://www.yulelog.com
Houston TX
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Houston TX
 Originally Posted By: StaceyN
Cute picture Cathy!

Thanks, Stacey - that's my lovable mutt, Zena. Aren't the pictures fun!!??

Last edited by Cathy_Tex; 01/19/08 09:48 PM.
Houston TX
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Houston TX
 Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo

Deanna, could it be my "alter-ego" or does this mean I have a split personality??

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
 Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo

Deanna, could it be my "alter-ego" or does this mean I have a split personality??

maybe you are a Gemini???

I like the multiple quote things vs. how it use to work on the OLD board . . . this is neat when trying to clarify who/what you are replying to in an ongoing thread. Cool.

Last edited by Qwackertoo; 01/19/08 08:40 PM. Reason: add about quotes

Valencia, CA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Valencia, CA
Thanks for the info on the avatars. I stuck a generic one on for now, but will look for a more personal one. How do you make your own photos small enough to use? Most of mine are too large.

Melissa
Black Belt Mom
Albuquerque, NM, USA
Elf VP
Elf VP
Albuquerque, NM, USA
Cathy, if you re-registered when the board changed (a few years ago), you my have a split identity. To figure out if you have more than one identity, select the 'User List' tab and then find any old aliases (or modifications of you current name) that you may have used in the past. I know this happened to me, I had "KCC Pursuit" and "KCCPursuit".

~*~ Kansas City '15 ~*~
Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS

Cathy, some how you had duplicate memberships. I merged them and hope all is well now. Certainly increased your post count!

Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: KCCPursuit
Cathy, if you re-registered when the board changed (a few years ago), you my have a split identity. To figure out if you have more than one identity, select the 'User List' tab and then find any old aliases (or modifications of you current name) that you may have used in the past. I know this happened to me, I had "KCC Pursuit" and "KCCPursuit".

KCCPursuit You do show up with a duplicate. I can merge them. Which is correct? Include the correct eMail address.

Todd

Houston TX
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Houston TX
Thanks, Todd! It all looks good now.

Tulsa, OK
Elf Manager
Elf Manager
Tulsa, OK
Had a try the new avatar and see if it works.

Elaine

Elaine
Tulsa, OK
Las Vegas, NV
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
Las Vegas, NV
I admit to being only marginally computer literate. Can anyone tell me how to reduce the size of a photo file so I can use it as my avatar? Any advice would be appreciated.

Oklahoma
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Oklahoma
Todd, I hope I'm posting this in the right place for you to see it... The other day, I had 2727 posts. Now, it shows just 837. I'm really confused.

Terri

Duncan, OK USA
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Duncan, OK USA
 Originally Posted By: Todd Ray
 Originally Posted By: pal24paws
How about having the most recent topic of conversation on top instead of the oldest. This board is not as "user friendly" as it was before the changes. Thanks.

That doesn't appear to be an option. However, if you log in, the next time you open a topic that has new posts you will be taken to the newest post.

Except that sometimes mine seems to miss some posts that I haven't read. I thought that I had read all of today's post. Just now as I was just going back through some of the posts looking at tips, etc, I found some on this thread that I had not read. P.S. And, I stay logged in all the time, so that should not have been the cause.

And, how come the threads are showing up in only somewhat chronological order? All the current day will be together, but the time is kind of jumbled. Not necessarily newest to oldest.

Linda

Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: lindafay
 Originally Posted By: Todd Ray
 Originally Posted By: pal24paws
How about having the most recent topic of conversation on top instead of the oldest. This board is not as "user friendly" as it was before the changes. Thanks.

That doesn't appear to be an option. However, if you log in, the next time you open a topic that has new posts you will be taken to the newest post.

Except that sometimes mine seems to miss some posts that I haven't read. I thought that I had read all of today's post. Just now as I was just going back through some of the posts looking at tips, etc, I found some on this thread that I had not read. P.S. And, I stay logged in all the time, so that should not have been the cause.

And, how come the threads are showing up in only somewhat chronological order? All the current day will be together, but the time is kind of jumbled. Not necessarily newest to oldest.

Linda

I've not seen that behavior. It always seems to take me to the newest post that I haven't read. If you never leave the site, however, new posts can be added after you get there, and it might not go to the newest post that was there when you first arrived.... I don't know.

As far as the newest to oldest. I am able to designate some topics as "sticky" which means they stay at the top. So non-sticky topics with newer posts may show up under these sticky posts. Right now, I have several posts related to the new boards designated as sticky, so they stay at top. They have a little yellow symbol to the right of the topic name to indicate that they are sticky. After a while there will be less need for sticky posts and it will look more normal.

Also, as I've said a couple of times, if you want to go straight to the last post, click on the link in the right column instead of on the topic name. You can then scroll up (instead of down, like you used to) and get the same affect. Personally, I prefer seeing the first post I haven't read as opposed to seeing the last post first! Since it doesn't appear to be an option, to reverse the order, we will have to get used to it.

Todd

Comfort and Joy!
Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: MSHMK
Todd, I hope I'm posting this in the right place for you to see it... The other day, I had 2727 posts. Now, it shows just 837. I'm really confused.

Terri

You apparently were another of those people who somehow had duplicate (but slightly different) IDs. I've merged them and you should be good now.

Todd

Comfort and Joy!
Duncan, OK USA
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Duncan, OK USA
 Originally Posted By: lindafay
Here's another question. Will we be getting all the cute little things in the subject line of our post like we've had before? There's not many choices right now.

Linda

I think I answered my own question on this by going to reply rather than quick reply.

Linda

Duncan, OK USA
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Duncan, OK USA
Yep! That worked.

Linda

Page 3 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 9 10

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard