YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 24 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10
Miami County, Kansas, USA
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
 Originally Posted By: StaceyN
and can we add our own avatars?

Stacey - See Todd's message at 9:50 a.m. today 1-18-08, that he's working on it. :-)
I want them, too, so I'll be watching for progress on that one!
Barb

Barb (Harris) Melton ~ Whispering Hollow ~ Miami County, Kansas
The Buckeye State
P
Elf
Elf
P
The Buckeye State
How about having the most recent topic of conversation on top instead of the oldest. This board is not as "user friendly" as it was before the changes. Thanks.

Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: pal24paws
How about having the most recent topic of conversation on top instead of the oldest. This board is not as "user friendly" as it was before the changes. Thanks.

That doesn't appear to be an option. However, if you log in, the next time you open a topic that has new posts you will be taken to the newest post. Read through this topic and the other new board topics and you will see some tricks. It's just different. I think you will like it better in the long run.

I didn't change by choice. Technology marches on, and the old board 's software had become obsolete on the required new server software.

Comfort and Joy!
Todd Ray - YuleLog Software - http://www.yulelog.com
Southlake,Texas USA
Elf VP
Elf VP
Southlake,Texas USA
Todd, the board is looking good. Is a larger type possible?

Thanks for keeping the Yuleloggers updated.

Claudia

Claudia
Pasadena, CA USA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Pasadena, CA USA
Todd, your name shows up in red (due to administrative reasons, I'm sure). Any chance you could change that to purple? For some reason I see you more as a purple... ;\)
haha - just kidding.
Board is great, I'm still trying to figure things out and work out kinks. But I think this change won't be so hard in the end.

You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it. - Joyce Meyer
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
 Originally Posted By: Claudia
... the board is looking good. Is a larger type possible? ... Claudia

I'll second that question. In my maturing years I find that larger type size is much easier to read. I tried the process of holding the CTRL key while scrolling up or down, but the only type size that changed was the permanent top and bottom of the page, but not the area within the "board" itself. Maybe, since we can change the type size in our replies, there is a way to increase the type size throughout the area of the threads.

Edit: I just tried to remove the font name ahead of the quote but it won't go away. Sorry about that.

Last edited by Todd Ray; 01/19/08 03:42 PM. Reason: I was able to eliminate the erroneous font name a the head of the post.
Elkhart, Indiana
Elf VP
Elf VP
Elkhart, Indiana
OK, I figured out how to add the picture/avatar to my member profile ...

My next question is about the SHOUT BOX ... I looooove this new feature :)! Does the shout box ever "clear" itself, or does it keep adding new posts?? I tried to click the reset button, but all of the posts are still there. I thought perhaps it would "reset" itself once a day?? Just curious ...

Edited to add: Hey! I did use the button at the top of a new post with the "smilies" icon to use a smiley face (see above), but the smiley face is not showing up??!! Why is that?? I didn't disable the smilies !

Edited again: I am still having fun experimenting with new things ... I see one smiley icon is showing up (the confused one), but not the original smile??

Last edited by steffinie; 01/19/08 01:05 PM.
Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: Diana*
Todd, your name shows up in red (due to administrative reasons, I'm sure). Any chance you could change that to purple? For some reason I see you more as a purple... ;\)
haha - just kidding.
Board is great, I'm still trying to figure things out and work out kinks. But I think this change won't be so hard in the end.

Cool idea! I am a purple sort of guy! Done!

Comfort and Joy!
Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
Todd, the board is looking good. Is a larger type possible?

Thanks for keeping the Yuleloggers updated.

Claudia

I'll look into it. Not sure if it is an option.

Meanwhile most browsers have a menu option to make the text bigger on almost any web page. Some browsers, like Safari, let you add this as a button on your menu bar. I can relate! I usually make the type bigger on lots of the pages I use, using this method.

Todd

Comfort and Joy!
Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: steffinie
OK, I figured out how to add the picture/avatar to my member profile ...

My next question is about the SHOUT BOX ... I looooove this new feature :)! Does the shout box ever "clear" itself, or does it keep adding new posts?? I tried to click the reset button, but all of the posts are still there. I thought perhaps it would "reset" itself once a day?? Just curious ...

Edited to add: Hey! I did use the button at the top of a new post with the "smilies" icon to use a smiley face (see above), but the smiley face is not showing up??!! Why is that?? I didn't disable the smilies !

Edited again: I am still having fun experimenting with new things ... I see one smiley icon is showing up (the confused one), but not the original smile??

The Shout Box is sort of a first in, first out thing. It displays a certain number and then as the new ones come in, the old ones go away. Not sure if the number displayed before old ones are deleted is an option or not. I'll look.

There are two sets of smilies. The ones at top, just below the Subject line that say Posting Icon: show up next just above your name, at the front of the subject line once your post is added.

The others, chosen by clicking on the smilie face in the menu bar of the post entry block are actually inserted in the post at the point your cursor is located when you select the smilie. Like here and here and here

Todd

Last edited by Todd Ray; 01/19/08 03:38 PM.

Comfort and Joy!
Southlake,Texas USA
Elf VP
Elf VP
Southlake,Texas USA
Thanks for the reply, Todd.

I tried changing the text size but it won't work on this page. However, it does work changing the text size on my home page.

Claudia
Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS

I tried changing the text size but it won't work on this page. However, it does work changing the text size on my home page.

Interesting, I tried it on Safari, Explorer, and FireFox on both Macs and it worked, except on Explorer for Windows. (Yet another reason to switch to FireFox!) However it doesn't remember, so you have to do it each time you open the board.

Valencia, CA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Valencia, CA
How do you add those cool photos underneath your user names on the left side?

Melissa
Black Belt Mom
Idaho
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Idaho
Melissa, After you are signed in click on my profile under the MY Stuff drop down menu. At the bottom of the page there is the avatar feature. You can pick a stock avatar or looks like you can add one of your own now.

Thanks Todd!

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
In your profile you can add avatars, either generic, upload, etc. Not too many cool ones in the generic category. IF you have a neat little picture you just have to resize it small enough.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
p.s. and they are easy to change too~! Not sure when we upload others IF they will become available to "other" people on the board or not . . . IF so then the "library" of avatars will grow quickly.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.

I use FireFox for most of my Internet browsing and I clicked on VIEW at the top of my browser window with the pull down menu to

text size

and then your options are

increase
decrease
normal

I did this once for increase and it about doubled and then did again and increased about 25% more so very nice and big and so far with no long-winded posts result in any necessary scrolling to the left/right to read entire post . . . oh and also on first increase try, I think, it also made the font nice and bold too.

So give increase font a bump, or two and see what you think.

oops mine didn't remember either . . . argh back to the drawing board

Last edited by Qwackertoo; 01/19/08 05:28 PM.

ft laud,florida
Elf VP
Elf VP
ft laud,florida
i love all the new avatars that are being posted.. this is certainly the best feature, to see everyone get to express themselfs

curt1108 (sue)
Southlake,Texas USA
Elf VP
Elf VP
Southlake,Texas USA
Thanks, Deana and Todd. I'm using Firefox now.

Claudia
Albuquerque, NM, USA
Elf VP
Elf VP
Albuquerque, NM, USA
 Originally Posted By: Stacey
Regarding Who's Online,What is an invisable user?

An invisible user is a registered individual that has not logged in.

~*~ Kansas City '15 ~*~
Page 2 of 10 1 2 3 4 9 10

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard