YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 39 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,411
Posts335,260
Members1,591
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10
Miami County, Kansas, USA
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Thought I'd start this topic because I have a question for anyone who is more familiar with this style of board.

On the B/S/T forum, I don't see a place to click to send an e-mail to the person who posted. I want to buy something but can't figure out how to contact the seller! I sent a PM, but if they're not set up to receive them, then that's useless. Help! Any suggestions?

Barb (Harris) Melton ~ Whispering Hollow ~ Miami County, Kansas
Duncan, OK USA
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Duncan, OK USA
Here's another question for you, Todd. When I looked at my profile, the password *s are way longer than my password has ever been. If it's no longer the password that I set up, how would I ever know what it is? Or do I even need it any more?

Linda

Duncan, OK USA
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Duncan, OK USA
Barbara, on my screen, there is a button in the lower right-hand corner of the post, that says "e-mail post." I think that will e-mail the person.

Linda

Duncan, OK USA
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Yahoo Groups Moderator
Santa's Helper
Duncan, OK USA
Here's another question. Will we be getting all the cute little things in the subject line of our post like we've had before? There's not many choices right now.

Linda

Fort Worth, TX
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Fort Worth, TX
When I click on email post it takes me to a page that it wants me to enter the email address to whom I'm sending it to. I don't know it!

Marilyn

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." --Charles Dickens
Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: Barbara Harris
Thought I'd start this topic because I have a question for anyone who is more familiar with this style of board.

On the B/S/T forum, I don't see a place to click to send an e-mail to the person who posted. I want to buy something but can't figure out how to contact the seller! I sent a PM, but if they're not set up to receive them, then that's useless. Help! Any suggestions?

That is a problem. I'm looking, but at this point it looks as if they will have to change their profile to get Private Messages. I'll investigate further. I'm wondering if there may be some different way to handle the buy/sell/traded boards.

Todd

Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: lindafay
Here's another question for you, Todd. When I looked at my profile, the password *s are way longer than my password has ever been. If it's no longer the password that I set up, how would I ever know what it is? Or do I even need it any more?

Linda

I think they just show the stars to hide the actual length of your password. Mine's not that long, and it shows lots of stars too. Your password should not have changed.

Todd

Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: lindafay
Here's another question. Will we be getting all the cute little things in the subject line of our post like we've had before? There's not many choices right now.

Linda

I do plan to add more smilies as time permits.

Todd

Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: Marilyn K
When I click on email post it takes me to a page that it wants me to enter the email address to whom I'm sending it to. I don't know it!

The Email Post button is a way to email a copy of the post to someone. To email the poster, at this point you click on their name and select Send a PM (Private Message). I think this was implemented to reduce the chances for Spam robots to find email addresses on Bulletin Board sites.

Todd

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
A little more time consuming, by about a second or two . . . is to click on a users name and view their profile and then a window will pop up with their profile info AND contact info for BOTH email address and private message. Since I don't use Outlook or whatever with my browser, I can simply highlight, copy and paste into an email in my AOL account and send that way. Others should be able to just click on the email address and up will pop your Outlook or ??? and send an email quick and fast just like before . . . almost~~! ;\)

Deana

Last edited by Qwackertoo; 01/18/08 02:04 PM.

Fort Worth, TX
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Todd!

Marilyn

"I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year." --Charles Dickens
Greensboro, NC
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Greensboro, NC
Will there be a way to upload our own avatars? Because...well...not a big fan of any of the ones to choose from, and many forums have the option of linking to your own avatar you make.

Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: luckdragon
Will there be a way to upload our own avatars? Because...well...not a big fan of any of the ones to choose from, and many forums have the option of linking to your own avatar you make.

Yes, as time permits, I want to add this feature. I have to understand it's impact on my server first.

Todd

Comfort and Joy!
Todd Ray - YuleLog Software - http://www.yulelog.com
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
 Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
A little more time consuming, by about a second or two . . . is to click on a users name and view their profile and then a window will pop up with their profile info AND contact info for BOTH email address and private message. Since I don't use Outlook or whatever with my browser, I can simply highlight, copy and paste into an email in my AOL account and send that way. Others should be able to just click on the email address and up will pop your Outlook or ??? and send an email quick and fast just like before . . . almost~~! ;\)
Deana

That's what I ended up doing last night. :-) I use Outlook, so it popped right up with the e-mail address in place, just like old B/S/T. Glad I figured that out because the seller had not yet set up her PM. A lot can be learned by exploring, and it's fun!

Barb (Harris) Melton ~ Whispering Hollow ~ Miami County, Kansas
Idaho
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Idaho
Regarding Who's Online, what is an invisable user?

Idaho
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Idaho
and can we add our own avatars?

ft laud,florida
Elf VP
Elf VP
ft laud,florida
i dont know stacey.. but you must have scared them.. they are not there any more hehe

curt1108 (sue)
Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: StaceyN
Regarding Who's Online, what is an invisable user?

I have no idea!

Comfort and Joy!
Todd Ray - YuleLog Software - http://www.yulelog.com
Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: StaceyN
and can we add our own avatars?

As soon as I find out how that affects my server. Soon I hope.

I will be working a lot on things this weekend.

Todd

Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
Don't forget there are lots of answers that you can get by clicking on the FAQ link. It discusses some features that we may or may not use.

FAQ

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard