YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,422
Posts335,298
Members1,592
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Valencia, CA
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Valencia, CA
I know one of you Yuleloggers can help me! I want to reuse a plastic container that once held oregano, but there still remains a strong oregano-odor inside the container. I've already put the container through the dishwasher. Any suggestions how I can get rid of the smell? Is there something I can leave inside overnight that will soak up the oregano smell?

Thanks!

------------------
Melissa
Tae Kwon Do Mom

Melissa
Black Belt Mom
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm pretty sure Heloise says that baking soda will absorb most any odor. I'd try that first. Good luck.

TN
L
Elf Manager
Elf Manager
L
TN
Baking soda is great for odors... also try to add a little vinegar - it makes a volcano - kids love it... and then rinse it out and also Lemon takes out odors too... Hope this helps!

Hallmarks are like magnets - I get forcefully pulled into them!!!
Canton, OH
Elf VP
Elf VP
Canton, OH
Place a paper towel or napkin in the bottom of the bowl, then add 2-3 charcoal briquets and seal over night. That should do it.

------------------
Alan in Canton, OH "Life is a work in progress"

"a retired teacher who's still learning"
Valencia, CA
Santa's Helper
OP Offline
Santa's Helper
Valencia, CA
Thanks for all your advice! I tried the baking soda & the lemon juice and it seems to have worked. I would've tried the charcoal remedy as well, but didn't have any bricquets around (I have a gas grill).

------------------
Melissa
Tae Kwon Do Mom

Melissa
Black Belt Mom

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard