YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 17 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,422
Posts335,298
Members1,592
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: Todd Ray
 Originally Posted By: toppershopper
Is there a way to turn off all the mini boxes on the left hand side? I'd rather have a full screen to read the board, then have the little boxes with who's on line, shout, calendar, search and forum stats.

Also, in preferences, there is a place where you can select info on top or to the side. I thought this might do it, but I don't see any changes.

thanks

I'm sorry, but that does not appear to be an option, other than me turning off that feature all together. I think it is too useful and popular to turn off.

Can you temporarily hide your browsers favorites bar while on YuleLog? Most browsers let you hide it and show it as wanted. Also, you might consider switching to a slightly higher resolution on your monitor. Granted this makes the text smaller, but it fits more on the screen.

Sorry I can't offer a better fix.

Todd

Guess what? I found a way!

Now if you look under My Stuff, and My Preferences, you can turn off the left column.

Todd

Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Wow, you are amazing! Looks like many can adapt the new board to suit their own needs with just a little exploration and trial and error! I was kind of wondering how those without computers ... like webTV and mailstation users... were adapting to the new boards. MickeyTCo are you out there?

Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: Ginny
Wow, you are amazing! Looks like many can adapt the new board to suit their own needs with just a little exploration and trial and error! I was kind of wondering how those without computers ... like webTV and mailstation users... were adapting to the new boards. MickeyTCo are you out there?

I know Susan in Florida using an older Mac with AOL and dial up is unable to add new posts...

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
 Originally Posted By: Ginny

I know Susan in Florida using an older Mac with AOL and dial up is unable to add new posts...

I've noticed this when I was on DH's laptop but I wasn't logged in so figured that was why. I'll have to try logging in while on the laptop and see if they re-appear.

Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
Tuned on the Poll feature for the Discussions forum. Doesn't work with Quick Reply, but when you select Reply or add new topic, you should see it.

Do you like the poll feature
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 01/21/08 07:26 PM

Comfort and Joy!
Todd Ray - YuleLog Software - http://www.yulelog.com
Valencia, CA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Valencia, CA
 Originally Posted By: hallmark*kid
 Originally Posted By: mel-gregory
Here's another question: who decides which "smiley" shows up next to the member's name? There is a happy smiley next to mine, but other people have the gray unsmiling "smiley". Are the smilies indications of number of posts, or something like that? I'm confused.

Hi Melissa! At the very top of the page you will see "Welcome..." and your username. Just to the right is a Blue Arrow pointing down. Click on the arrow and a pop-up box will appear where you can select a smiley to fit your current mood. Although, most of the grey unsmiling faces you see just mean that the user is offline!

Thanks so much for answering that! It was driving me crazy. It also explains why most people do have that "grey unsmiling face"! I didn't think they'd choose that smiley themselves.

Melissa
Black Belt Mom
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
I happened to click on the details today just to see what it showed me as doing . . . and way down towards the bottom after the Anonymous users it had a Search Spider User and it showed it as Google and that it was reading or searching, can't remember which, the Buy/Sell/Trade board for the month of December folder. Weird huh?

Checked back . . . and now it is searching November folder~!!!

Last edited by Qwackertoo; 01/21/08 11:42 PM.

Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
I happened to click on the details today just to see what it showed me as doing . . . and way down towards the bottom after the Anonymous users it had a Search Spider User and it showed it as Google and that it was reading or searching, can't remember which, the Buy/Sell/Trade board for the month of December folder. Weird huh?

Checked back . . . and now it is searching November folder~!!!

That's how google knows where everything is. It has spider-searcher robot programs prowling the web (hence the spider) all of the time, indexing new content.

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
I figured it was something tricky like that.

ft laud,florida
Elf VP
Elf VP
ft laud,florida
todd: why doesnt dial up add posts? i dont understand that?

curt1108 (sue)
Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: curt1108
todd: why doesnt dial up add posts? i dont understand that?

Don't know if it is all dial up or just Susan. Do you know of someone else who is having problems?

Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
A strange one I saw yesterday when looking at the Who's Online detail was a user's name and under the column that shows their location on the board at the moment, it said "Private". It wasn't an invisible user, nor a moderator or anything; so I couldn't figure out how they got that to say "Private". ;\) I'd have thought maybe they were reading or writing a private message, but it usually has "spelled that out" when someone's doing that.

Bedminster, NJ, USA
Elf VP
Elf VP
Bedminster, NJ, USA
Nobody answered my question of how to make a fancy signature with a picture????? Anyone?????

Arlene
T
Elf VP
Elf VP
T
[quote=Todd Ray

Guess what? I found a way!

Now if you look under My Stuff, and My Preferences, you can turn off the left column.

Todd[/quote]

Great!!! Todd, thank you very much!!!!!!

Pasadena, CA USA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Pasadena, CA USA
 Originally Posted By: Diana*
Todd, your name shows up in red (due to administrative reasons, I'm sure). Any chance you could change that to purple? For some reason I see you more as a purple... ;\)
haha - just kidding.
Board is great, I'm still trying to figure things out and work out kinks. But I think this change won't be so hard in the end.

Cool idea! I am a purple sort of guy! Done!

That purple is MUCH easier on the eyes, and now it won't clash with your Yulelog t-shirts! Very nice. \:\)

You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it. - Joyce Meyer
Southlake,Texas USA
Elf VP
Elf VP
Southlake,Texas USA
Thanks again, Todd.

I finally figured out which screen to use to edit. \:\)

Claudia
Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: RJingle
Nobody answered my question of how to make a fancy signature with a picture????? Anyone?????

You have to use the ubb codes for adding an image to your signature. They will need to point to a photo that is stored on the internet somewhere. You edit your signature by going to My Stuff and selecting My Profile

Instructions on using the image codes are at http://www.yulelog.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=faq#image

Since your signature can only be 100 characters, and that includes the ubb code, you might not be able to point it at an image that as a long address.

Lots of information on how to do things int FAQ at
http://www.yulelog.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=faq

Todd

Washington
M
MAC Offline
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
M
Washington
I want to rearrange the order of posts so I see the most recent replies first. I don't want to click on the last page to see the newest posts.

I've searched through this topic, but I can't see where this has been asked/answered. I've also looked through my preferences, etc. I know the answer must be here somewhere.....I just don't know where to look!

mac

Southaven, MS
Administrator
Elf VP
Administrator
Elf VP
Southaven, MS
 Originally Posted By: MAC
I want to rearrange the order of posts so I see the most recent replies first. I don't want to click on the last page to see the newest posts.

I've searched through this topic, but I can't see where this has been asked/answered. I've also looked through my preferences, etc. I know the answer must be here somewhere.....I just don't know where to look!

mac

Not sure how you missed it, as it has been discussed. I'm sorry, but that is not an option on this version of the software. It will remember you when you come back and take you to the last new post you haven't read. If there are no new posts, it takes you to the top of the board.

Also, as I've said a couple of times, if you really want to go straight to the last post, click on the link in the right column instead of on the topic name. You can then scroll up (instead of down, like you used to) and get the same affect. Personally, I prefer seeing the first new post I haven't read as opposed to seeing the last post first and having to scroll until I see a post I have read! Since it doesn't appear to be an option, to reverse the order, we will have to get used to it.

Another cool thing about this, is that it keeps the information on what you have seen on the server instead of in a cookie on your computer. That means if you read YuleLog on another computer, once you log in, it remembers what you have seen already on that computer too! Great for those people who read at home and at work, or on multiple computers at home.

Todd

Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
 Originally Posted By: MAC

mac

Not sure how you missed it, as it has been discussed. I'm sorry, but that is not an option on this version of the software. It will remember you when you come back and take you to the last new post you haven't read. If there are no new posts, it takes you to the top of the board.

Also, as I've said a couple of times, if you really want to go straight to the last post, click on the link in the right column instead of on the topic name. You can then scroll up (instead of down, like you used to) and get the same affect. Personally, I prefer seeing the first new post I haven't read as opposed to seeing the last post first and having to scroll until I see a post I have read! Since it doesn't appear to be an option, to reverse the order, we will have to get used to it.

Another cool thing about this, is that it keeps the information on what you have seen on the server instead of in a cookie on your computer. That means if you read YuleLog on another computer, once you log in, it remembers what you have seen already on that computer too! Great for those people who read at home and at work, or on multiple computers at home.

Todd

Todd, that is cool about the multiple computers. I finally logged in on DH's laptop and once in awhile I will check the boards when I'm at the school for several hours helping out and IF it gets a little slow and have a few free minutes to pop on. Although I did try to log onto aol via the web when I was there Friday and received a nasty little pop up that it was against their security rules. Ooops. LOL After that I was skeered to even try & looksie at eBay which I've done in the past but NOT anymore, I'm a chicken. ;\)

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard