YuleLog Home
Facebook Icon Small Circle YouTube Icon Small Circle  YouTube Icon Small Circle TikTok Icon Small Circle

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 23 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Forum Statistics
Forums16
Topics27,422
Posts335,298
Members1,592
Most Online557
Jan 14th, 2020
Please Help to Support the YuleLog Bulletin Boards
Web Hosting is a big expense. If you find the YuleLog Bulletin Boards helpful, amusing or profitable, and would like to make a donation to help support them, it would be appreciated!

Feel free to donate as often as you like!

Thank you for Visiting!
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#338325 08/16/21 01:56 AM
M
mariem2 Offline OP
Elf Manager
OP Offline
Elf Manager
M
I am surprised by how many members remember after all these years that I set up a Christmas village. I went back to watch the video from 2019 and the slideshow from last year and can't believe how much it grew from one year to the next. I did some make overs on some of the figurines and houses because over the years my village has morphed into a loose replica of my town based in the early 1900s. Many of the houses are still the same now.

I thought I would share the links in case anyone is interested in seeing them. You will notice I have a soft spot for dogs and drunkards so they are sprinkled throughout the village (dogs not drunkards). grin

Sorry in advance for the shaky camera. I was doing them with my phone and trying not to trip over anything.

2019 Marie's Christmas Village

2020 Marie's Christmas Village

If you watch and enjoy please hit the like button.

Marie

Last edited by mariem2; 08/16/21 01:57 AM.
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Rocket City, U.S.A.
Marie, Wow~! I've watched the 2019 and will watch 2020 in a bit. Excellent. I seem to recall you telling us how you made the water features for the streams & ponds and now I see a lovely waterfall too. So many trees and accessories really make your village seem like a "real small town". Seems like you also shared how you carved your mountains and elevated portions of your village. Glad to see you are still adding & creating your special Christmas Village for all your family & friends to ENJOY~!!!!

Deana

Summerfield,Fl. U S.A
L
Elf VP
Elf VP
L
Summerfield,Fl. U S.A
Marie,

I looked at both your Christmas Villages and they are so nice, I like how you had snow coming down on the first one and I take it has to do with something on the computer.

Do you keep up the Christmas village all year long or do you take it away and have to start over decorating around Christmas time?
This has to take a long time to do.

Loo-Ann

Pasadena, CA USA
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Pasadena, CA USA
Thoroughly enjoyed your village video! Thanks for sharing. It's pretty darn amazing.
If this is what the town you live in is like I want to visit!
btw Dogs and Drunkards would be a great pub name.

M
mariem2 Offline OP
Elf Manager
OP Offline
Elf Manager
M
Thank you Deanna.

The two ponds and the waterfall are made from styrofoam.

Marie

M
mariem2 Offline OP
Elf Manager
OP Offline
Elf Manager
M
Originally Posted By: Loo-Ann Allen
Marie,

I looked at both your Christmas Villages and they are so nice, I like how you had snow coming down on the first one and I take it has to do with something on the computer.

Do you keep up the Christmas village all year long or do you take it away and have to start over decorating around Christmas time?
This has to take a long time to do.

Loo-Ann

Hello Lou-ann.

In the 2019 video I used a program to have the snow falling. The 2020 village is a slideshow so I didn't use it last year. I wait until after Remembrance Day to put the village up and it usually stays up until the end of January. Last year because of the pandemic it stayed up until late Feb-Mar (?). I used to have it out on my covered/enclosed porch but it gets too cold so last year I moved it into my kitchen. It is about 5 ft deep and 20 ft wide and it took, off and on, about2 days to set it up. It took about 5 hrs to take down and store. When it was on the deck it took several days, off and on, to set & take down up because I would need warm up breaks. I worried about the houses getting too cold and cracking so I like it much better in the kitchen and I can enjoy it more. The friends who come to see it, in my bubble, like it in the kitchen too because we can sit at the table and visit while enjoying it.(with social distancing and masks of course)

Marie

Last edited by mariem2; 08/18/21 05:54 PM.
M
mariem2 Offline OP
Elf Manager
OP Offline
Elf Manager
M
Originally Posted By: Diana*
Thoroughly enjoyed your village video! Thanks for sharing. It's pretty darn amazing.
If this is what the town you live in is like I want to visit!
btw Dogs and Drunkards would be a great pub name.

Thank you Diana.
That would be a good name for a pub. The dogs and drunkards are keeping it real. grin I am waiting for my new pub to arrive. I ordered it in June and they are supposed to start shipping late August. Can't wait. I am working on a new building for the village and the only other building I need to complete the village is a hospital. I know which one I want but am not in a hurry to get it since I still work there and see it every day. Maybe if I retire next year I will get it. grin
I am on vacation for a few days so I am enjoying a cup of coffee on my deck while checking out Yulelog. oWe had a heatwave and have forest fires so it is nice to listen to the rain.

Marie

Last edited by mariem2; 08/18/21 06:03 PM.
Jersey Shore
Santa's Helper
Santa's Helper
Jersey Shore
I love watching your Christmas villages over and over. Makes me want to put out some Christmas stuff.

Stan
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
Elf Engineer - Toy Design
I can't wait to watch these videos, Marie. Thank you so much for sharing.

Southlake,Texas USA
Elf VP
Elf VP
Southlake,Texas USA

Marie, thanks for sharing the links to your village display. Are the buildings different scale?

I like your displays and can't image how long it takes you to set it up. You must have hundreds of accessories.

I'm sure I will look at the links several times to take it all in.

Claudia
M
mariem2 Offline OP
Elf Manager
OP Offline
Elf Manager
M
Originally Posted By: JerseyVike
I love watching your Christmas villages over and over. Makes me want to put out some Christmas stuff.

Thank you. Glad you enjoyed them.
Marie

M
mariem2 Offline OP
Elf Manager
OP Offline
Elf Manager
M
I hope you enjoy them.
Marie

M
mariem2 Offline OP
Elf Manager
OP Offline
Elf Manager
M
Originally Posted By: Claudia

Marie, thanks for sharing the links to your village display. Are the buildings different scale?

I like your displays and can't image how long it takes you to set it up. You must have hundreds of accessories.

I'm sure I will look at the links several times to take it all in.

Yes some of the houses are different scale. It used to take, off and on, a few days because of the cold weather (village was on the deck) but last year I put it up in my kitchen and I had it up in about a day. It came down and was boxed up in a few hours.

Marie

Moderated by  Moderator 

Link Copied to Clipboard