YuleLog Software
Thought I'd start this topic because I have a question for anyone who is more familiar with this style of board.

On the B/S/T forum, I don't see a place to click to send an e-mail to the person who posted. I want to buy something but can't figure out how to contact the seller! I sent a PM, but if they're not set up to receive them, then that's useless. Help! Any suggestions?
Here's another question for you, Todd. When I looked at my profile, the password *s are way longer than my password has ever been. If it's no longer the password that I set up, how would I ever know what it is? Or do I even need it any more?

Linda
Barbara, on my screen, there is a button in the lower right-hand corner of the post, that says "e-mail post." I think that will e-mail the person.

Linda
Here's another question. Will we be getting all the cute little things in the subject line of our post like we've had before? There's not many choices right now.

Linda
When I click on email post it takes me to a page that it wants me to enter the email address to whom I'm sending it to. I don't know it!
 Originally Posted By: Barbara Harris
Thought I'd start this topic because I have a question for anyone who is more familiar with this style of board.

On the B/S/T forum, I don't see a place to click to send an e-mail to the person who posted. I want to buy something but can't figure out how to contact the seller! I sent a PM, but if they're not set up to receive them, then that's useless. Help! Any suggestions?

That is a problem. I'm looking, but at this point it looks as if they will have to change their profile to get Private Messages. I'll investigate further. I'm wondering if there may be some different way to handle the buy/sell/traded boards.

Todd
 Originally Posted By: lindafay
Here's another question for you, Todd. When I looked at my profile, the password *s are way longer than my password has ever been. If it's no longer the password that I set up, how would I ever know what it is? Or do I even need it any more?

Linda

I think they just show the stars to hide the actual length of your password. Mine's not that long, and it shows lots of stars too. Your password should not have changed.

Todd
Here's another question. Will we be getting all the cute little things in the subject line of our post like we've had before? There's not many choices right now.

Linda

I do plan to add more smilies as time permits.

Todd
 Originally Posted By: Marilyn K
When I click on email post it takes me to a page that it wants me to enter the email address to whom I'm sending it to. I don't know it!

The Email Post button is a way to email a copy of the post to someone. To email the poster, at this point you click on their name and select Send a PM (Private Message). I think this was implemented to reduce the chances for Spam robots to find email addresses on Bulletin Board sites.

Todd
A little more time consuming, by about a second or two . . . is to click on a users name and view their profile and then a window will pop up with their profile info AND contact info for BOTH email address and private message. Since I don't use Outlook or whatever with my browser, I can simply highlight, copy and paste into an email in my AOL account and send that way. Others should be able to just click on the email address and up will pop your Outlook or ??? and send an email quick and fast just like before . . . almost~~! ;\)

Deana
Thanks Todd!
Will there be a way to upload our own avatars? Because...well...not a big fan of any of the ones to choose from, and many forums have the option of linking to your own avatar you make.
 Originally Posted By: luckdragon
Will there be a way to upload our own avatars? Because...well...not a big fan of any of the ones to choose from, and many forums have the option of linking to your own avatar you make.

Yes, as time permits, I want to add this feature. I have to understand it's impact on my server first.

Todd
 Originally Posted By: Qwackertoo
A little more time consuming, by about a second or two . . . is to click on a users name and view their profile and then a window will pop up with their profile info AND contact info for BOTH email address and private message. Since I don't use Outlook or whatever with my browser, I can simply highlight, copy and paste into an email in my AOL account and send that way. Others should be able to just click on the email address and up will pop your Outlook or ??? and send an email quick and fast just like before . . . almost~~! ;\)
Deana

That's what I ended up doing last night. :-) I use Outlook, so it popped right up with the e-mail address in place, just like old B/S/T. Glad I figured that out because the seller had not yet set up her PM. A lot can be learned by exploring, and it's fun!
Posted By: StaceyN Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/18/08 04:28 PM
Regarding Who's Online, what is an invisable user?
Posted By: StaceyN Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/18/08 04:29 PM
and can we add our own avatars?
i dont know stacey.. but you must have scared them.. they are not there any more hehe
 Originally Posted By: StaceyN
Regarding Who's Online, what is an invisable user?

I have no idea!

As soon as I find out how that affects my server. Soon I hope.

I will be working a lot on things this weekend.

Todd
Don't forget there are lots of answers that you can get by clicking on the FAQ link. It discusses some features that we may or may not use.

FAQ

Stacey - See Todd's message at 9:50 a.m. today 1-18-08, that he's working on it. :-)
I want them, too, so I'll be watching for progress on that one!
Barb
How about having the most recent topic of conversation on top instead of the oldest. This board is not as "user friendly" as it was before the changes. Thanks.
 Originally Posted By: pal24paws
How about having the most recent topic of conversation on top instead of the oldest. This board is not as "user friendly" as it was before the changes. Thanks.

That doesn't appear to be an option. However, if you log in, the next time you open a topic that has new posts you will be taken to the newest post. Read through this topic and the other new board topics and you will see some tricks. It's just different. I think you will like it better in the long run.

I didn't change by choice. Technology marches on, and the old board 's software had become obsolete on the required new server software.
Posted By: Claudia Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/18/08 07:40 PM
Todd, the board is looking good. Is a larger type possible?

Thanks for keeping the Yuleloggers updated.

Claudia
Posted By: Diana* Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/18/08 10:03 PM
Todd, your name shows up in red (due to administrative reasons, I'm sure). Any chance you could change that to purple? For some reason I see you more as a purple... ;\)
haha - just kidding.
Board is great, I'm still trying to figure things out and work out kinks. But I think this change won't be so hard in the end.
 Originally Posted By: Claudia
... the board is looking good. Is a larger type possible? ... Claudia

I'll second that question. In my maturing years I find that larger type size is much easier to read. I tried the process of holding the CTRL key while scrolling up or down, but the only type size that changed was the permanent top and bottom of the page, but not the area within the "board" itself. Maybe, since we can change the type size in our replies, there is a way to increase the type size throughout the area of the threads.

Edit: I just tried to remove the font name ahead of the quote but it won't go away. Sorry about that.
OK, I figured out how to add the picture/avatar to my member profile ...

My next question is about the SHOUT BOX ... I looooove this new feature :)! Does the shout box ever "clear" itself, or does it keep adding new posts?? I tried to click the reset button, but all of the posts are still there. I thought perhaps it would "reset" itself once a day?? Just curious ...

Edited to add: Hey! I did use the button at the top of a new post with the "smilies" icon to use a smiley face (see above), but the smiley face is not showing up??!! Why is that?? I didn't disable the smilies !

Edited again: I am still having fun experimenting with new things ... I see one smiley icon is showing up (the confused one), but not the original smile??
 Originally Posted By: Diana*
Todd, your name shows up in red (due to administrative reasons, I'm sure). Any chance you could change that to purple? For some reason I see you more as a purple... ;\)
haha - just kidding.
Board is great, I'm still trying to figure things out and work out kinks. But I think this change won't be so hard in the end.

Cool idea! I am a purple sort of guy! Done!
Todd, the board is looking good. Is a larger type possible?

Thanks for keeping the Yuleloggers updated.

Claudia

I'll look into it. Not sure if it is an option.

Meanwhile most browsers have a menu option to make the text bigger on almost any web page. Some browsers, like Safari, let you add this as a button on your menu bar. I can relate! I usually make the type bigger on lots of the pages I use, using this method.

Todd
 Originally Posted By: steffinie
OK, I figured out how to add the picture/avatar to my member profile ...

My next question is about the SHOUT BOX ... I looooove this new feature :)! Does the shout box ever "clear" itself, or does it keep adding new posts?? I tried to click the reset button, but all of the posts are still there. I thought perhaps it would "reset" itself once a day?? Just curious ...

Edited to add: Hey! I did use the button at the top of a new post with the "smilies" icon to use a smiley face (see above), but the smiley face is not showing up??!! Why is that?? I didn't disable the smilies !

Edited again: I am still having fun experimenting with new things ... I see one smiley icon is showing up (the confused one), but not the original smile??

The Shout Box is sort of a first in, first out thing. It displays a certain number and then as the new ones come in, the old ones go away. Not sure if the number displayed before old ones are deleted is an option or not. I'll look.

There are two sets of smilies. The ones at top, just below the Subject line that say Posting Icon: show up next just above your name, at the front of the subject line once your post is added.

The others, chosen by clicking on the smilie face in the menu bar of the post entry block are actually inserted in the post at the point your cursor is located when you select the smilie. Like here and here and here

Todd
Thanks for the reply, Todd.

I tried changing the text size but it won't work on this page. However, it does work changing the text size on my home page.

I tried changing the text size but it won't work on this page. However, it does work changing the text size on my home page.

Interesting, I tried it on Safari, Explorer, and FireFox on both Macs and it worked, except on Explorer for Windows. (Yet another reason to switch to FireFox!) However it doesn't remember, so you have to do it each time you open the board.
How do you add those cool photos underneath your user names on the left side?
Posted By: StaceyN Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/19/08 05:04 PM
Melissa, After you are signed in click on my profile under the MY Stuff drop down menu. At the bottom of the page there is the avatar feature. You can pick a stock avatar or looks like you can add one of your own now.

Thanks Todd!
In your profile you can add avatars, either generic, upload, etc. Not too many cool ones in the generic category. IF you have a neat little picture you just have to resize it small enough.
p.s. and they are easy to change too~! Not sure when we upload others IF they will become available to "other" people on the board or not . . . IF so then the "library" of avatars will grow quickly.

I use FireFox for most of my Internet browsing and I clicked on VIEW at the top of my browser window with the pull down menu to

text size

and then your options are

increase
decrease
normal

I did this once for increase and it about doubled and then did again and increased about 25% more so very nice and big and so far with no long-winded posts result in any necessary scrolling to the left/right to read entire post . . . oh and also on first increase try, I think, it also made the font nice and bold too.

So give increase font a bump, or two and see what you think.

oops mine didn't remember either . . . argh back to the drawing board
i love all the new avatars that are being posted.. this is certainly the best feature, to see everyone get to express themselfs
Thanks, Deana and Todd. I'm using Firefox now.
 Originally Posted By: Stacey
Regarding Who's Online,What is an invisable user?

An invisible user is a registered individual that has not logged in.
Todd, when I checked My Profile, I notice the email address showing was about 5 years old. When I tried to update to my current one, it says it is being used by another member. What's up with that?
Cute picture Cathy!
 Originally Posted By: Cathy_Tex
Todd, when I checked My Profile, I notice the email address showing was about 5 years old. When I tried to update to my current one, it says it is being used by another member. What's up with that?

can you tell who is using it and ask them to stop? LOL

Email me the old and new emails and I will try and figure it out.

Todd
Cute picture Cathy!

Thanks, Stacey - that's my lovable mutt, Zena. Aren't the pictures fun!!??

Deanna, could it be my "alter-ego" or does this mean I have a split personality??

Deanna, could it be my "alter-ego" or does this mean I have a split personality??

maybe you are a Gemini???

I like the multiple quote things vs. how it use to work on the OLD board . . . this is neat when trying to clarify who/what you are replying to in an ongoing thread. Cool.
Thanks for the info on the avatars. I stuck a generic one on for now, but will look for a more personal one. How do you make your own photos small enough to use? Most of mine are too large.
Cathy, if you re-registered when the board changed (a few years ago), you my have a split identity. To figure out if you have more than one identity, select the 'User List' tab and then find any old aliases (or modifications of you current name) that you may have used in the past. I know this happened to me, I had "KCC Pursuit" and "KCCPursuit".

Cathy, some how you had duplicate memberships. I merged them and hope all is well now. Certainly increased your post count!
 Originally Posted By: KCCPursuit
Cathy, if you re-registered when the board changed (a few years ago), you my have a split identity. To figure out if you have more than one identity, select the 'User List' tab and then find any old aliases (or modifications of you current name) that you may have used in the past. I know this happened to me, I had "KCC Pursuit" and "KCCPursuit".

KCCPursuit You do show up with a duplicate. I can merge them. Which is correct? Include the correct eMail address.

Todd
Thanks, Todd! It all looks good now.
Posted By: Elaine Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/19/08 11:42 PM
Had a try the new avatar and see if it works.

Elaine
Posted By: KarenG Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/20/08 01:17 AM
I admit to being only marginally computer literate. Can anyone tell me how to reduce the size of a photo file so I can use it as my avatar? Any advice would be appreciated.
Todd, I hope I'm posting this in the right place for you to see it... The other day, I had 2727 posts. Now, it shows just 837. I'm really confused.

Terri
 Originally Posted By: Todd Ray

That doesn't appear to be an option. However, if you log in, the next time you open a topic that has new posts you will be taken to the newest post.

Except that sometimes mine seems to miss some posts that I haven't read. I thought that I had read all of today's post. Just now as I was just going back through some of the posts looking at tips, etc, I found some on this thread that I had not read. P.S. And, I stay logged in all the time, so that should not have been the cause.

And, how come the threads are showing up in only somewhat chronological order? All the current day will be together, but the time is kind of jumbled. Not necessarily newest to oldest.

Linda

That doesn't appear to be an option. However, if you log in, the next time you open a topic that has new posts you will be taken to the newest post.

Except that sometimes mine seems to miss some posts that I haven't read. I thought that I had read all of today's post. Just now as I was just going back through some of the posts looking at tips, etc, I found some on this thread that I had not read. P.S. And, I stay logged in all the time, so that should not have been the cause.

And, how come the threads are showing up in only somewhat chronological order? All the current day will be together, but the time is kind of jumbled. Not necessarily newest to oldest.

Linda

I've not seen that behavior. It always seems to take me to the newest post that I haven't read. If you never leave the site, however, new posts can be added after you get there, and it might not go to the newest post that was there when you first arrived.... I don't know.

As far as the newest to oldest. I am able to designate some topics as "sticky" which means they stay at the top. So non-sticky topics with newer posts may show up under these sticky posts. Right now, I have several posts related to the new boards designated as sticky, so they stay at top. They have a little yellow symbol to the right of the topic name to indicate that they are sticky. After a while there will be less need for sticky posts and it will look more normal.

Also, as I've said a couple of times, if you want to go straight to the last post, click on the link in the right column instead of on the topic name. You can then scroll up (instead of down, like you used to) and get the same affect. Personally, I prefer seeing the first post I haven't read as opposed to seeing the last post first! Since it doesn't appear to be an option, to reverse the order, we will have to get used to it.

Todd
 Originally Posted By: MSHMK
Todd, I hope I'm posting this in the right place for you to see it... The other day, I had 2727 posts. Now, it shows just 837. I'm really confused.

Terri

You apparently were another of those people who somehow had duplicate (but slightly different) IDs. I've merged them and you should be good now.

Todd

Linda

I think I answered my own question on this by going to reply rather than quick reply.

Linda
Yep! That worked.

Linda

Linda

I think I answered my own question on this by going to reply rather than quick reply.

Linda

I've started adding them back. It takes a little longer then before to add several, but it's pretty good for adding just one.

Todd
Posted By: RJingle Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/20/08 03:40 AM
OK - now that I added an avatar, I need to know how to add a picture to my signature....also how to change the font or make it larger???? Is there a way to do that?
Posted By: MSHMK Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/20/08 03:58 AM
Does anybody have any pros and cons as to signing in and signing out each time or just staying logged in constantly?

Terri
Terri, for me, it just seems easier to stay signed in. No one else uses this computer, so I can't see that it matters.

Linda
Todd, is there a "sticky" icon you can "turn on" for those threads so people can see which topics are designated to stay up top . . . another board I use has that and it has like an electronic "yellow post it note" with "sticky" on it and those topics always stay up top.
Posted By: Ginny Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/20/08 12:30 PM

No. You "may" be describing an anonymous user.

An invisible user is one who is logged in and for any number of legitimate reasons may prefer to not be listed in the "Who's Online" box. They accomplish this by choosing the "Hide" option in "my preferences". This is found under the "My Stuff" menu in the forum header near the top of the page.

Todd, the new board is wonderful! With the exception of the Shout Box and Calendar, it's almost identical to other boards I frequent.

I especially love the feature where when I click on a thread, it automatically takes me to the first unread message in that thread. No more scrolling around to find where you left off reading. Saves a lot of time. I will probably always stay logged in and only log out when needed to reset something.

The board is very readable. The only other thing I'll say is to add me to the list of those who'd perhaps prefer a color scheme other than beige and white. I'm not referring to the stylesheet option of using "dark" .... just prefer something like the blue and white or blue/gray of the former board. But if that's not possible, this is certainly something I can adjust to.

Linda

IF you have used the "mark all read" option in previous visits without reading all new threads & all new replies . . . you might have this happen . . . I hadn't previously read the WOZ fabric thread, short on time, but this a.m. I decided to read it and was taken to the latest post and had to scroll up to see the previous post I hadn't seen before . . . probably missed it due to the "mark all read" that I've done several times with the new board without reading everything every day since last Wednesday.
Posted By: Ginny Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/20/08 12:48 PM

Linda

Linda, missing some notes can happen if you fail to notice that a thread goes on to another page ... indicated by something like "Page 4 of 5" down there at the bottom where you can click the little > to continue reading those notes. The board is smart, but not that smart \:D that it can figure out you didn't read to the end last time; so the next time you'd click on that thread, it would take you to the newest one folowing your last visit, whether or not you read the ones in between.

Btw, the threads are in chronological order for me with the exception that the ones that Todd has "stickied" will always stay at the top, whether or not they have new responses.

Both of your issues caught me too.... until I realized what was happening. \:\)
Posted By: Ginny Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/20/08 12:52 PM
Todd, is there a "sticky" icon you can "turn on" for those threads so people can see which topics are designated to stay up top

I think that's what the yellow "splat" with the exclamation point inside it that appears to the right of those topics represents.

Like you, I've seen something like a post-it note icon on other boards, and in the others I frequent, that icon comes in front of the thread subject. Here it comes after the subject.
Thanks,Ginny! I think that's probably my problem with finding some things that I haven't read.

Thanks for your suggestion, too, Deana, but I think I have the "mark read," or whatever its called, done correctly.

Linda
Todd, is there a "sticky" icon you can "turn on" for those threads so people can see which topics are designated to stay up top . . . another board I use has that and it has like an electronic "yellow post it note" with "sticky" on it and those topics always stay up top.

Deana, I think that sticky note answers my question to why the topics aren't in order!

Linda
 Originally Posted By: KarenG
I admit to being only marginally computer literate. Can anyone tell me how to reduce the size of a photo file so I can use it as my avatar? Any advice would be appreciated.

Karen, sometimes I know how to do something myself, but I have a hard time explaining how to others, but here goes. I use Adobe Photoshop to view and edit my photo's, but you can do this in whatever editing program you use. I go to "Image" and then down to size, and it gives me the current size of my picture (in pixels) and allows me to change it. So, you will need to change the largest number (either the height or width) to 100 pixels.

I hope this helps!
Posted By: MSHMK Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/20/08 03:14 PM
"IF you have used the "mark all read" option"
Deana

Deana, where do I find the area to make this possible? I think this is what I need to do.

Terri
 Originally Posted By: Ginny
[quote=Qwackertoo]I think that's what the yellow "splat" with the exclamation point inside it that appears to the right of those topics represents.

Yup, if you hover your cursor on them the little box appears that says "sticky post" (or something like that).

Now, what about the magnifying glass? That's new to me.

P.S. Ginny, love your sweet Westie pic!
 Originally Posted By: KarenG

Karen, sometimes I know how to do something myself, but I have a hard time explaining how to others, but here goes. I use Adobe Photoshop to view and edit my photo's, but you can do this in whatever editing program you use. I go to "Image" and then down to size, and it gives me the current size of my picture (in pixels) and allows me to change it. So, you will need to change the largest number (either the height or width) to 100 pixels.

I hope this helps!

I don't have Adobe. In Windows Paint, I tried the "image" then typing in the 100 x 100. All I ended up with was a small piece of the upper left hand corner of my original picture.

Linda
Yea! I got it! How do y'all like my "baby" Rowlf? He's standing up on the fence and looking me eye-to-eye in this picture>

Linda
[quote=KarenG]I admit to being only marginally computer literate. Can anyone tell me how to reduce the size of a photo file so I can use it as my avatar? Any advice would be appreciated.

I don't have Adobe. In Windows Paint, I tried the "image" then typing in the 100 x 100. All I ended up with was a small piece of the upper left hand corner of my original picture.

Linda

Linda, when the picture looks that small, it could be because you are not seeing 100% of the image. You might try zooming in, to be sure that what you see is not a reduced image size. Under my "View" options, I have something that says "View, Actual Pixels". If you see that option, click there when the image is opened. Or just try using the small image as your avatar, and see what happens.
Linda,

He looks so cute.
Posted By: StaceyN Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/20/08 06:25 PM
[/quote]

Linda, missing some notes can happen if you fail to notice that a thread goes on to another page ... indicated by something like "Page 4 of 5" down there at the bottom where you can click the little > to continue reading those notes. The board is smart, but not that smart \:D that it can figure out you didn't read to the end last time; so the next time you'd click on that thread, it would take you to the newest one folowing your last visit, whether or not you read the ones in between.

Btw, the threads are in chronological order for me with the exception that the ones that Todd has "stickied" will always stay at the top, whether or not they have new responses.

Both of your issues caught me too.... until I realized what was happening. \:\)

[/quote]

Ginny, I was having the problem too. You explained it very well, thank you!
 Originally Posted By: MSHMK
"IF you have used the "mark all read" option"
Deana

Deana, where do I find the area to make this possible? I think this is what I need to do.

Terri

Hi Terri

If you scroll all the way to the bottom of a particular page for the board you should see

Privacy statement � My Cookies � Mark all read

at the left hand side of the page and I do believe when I click on the "Mark all read" it marks all the various boards and any new threads as read whether I actually read them or not which most of the time I never read the B/S/T board so this feature should come in handy.
Posted By: Ginny Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/20/08 08:11 PM

Ginny, I was having the problem too. You explained it very well, thank you!

I'm glad I could help, Stacey. I see you had also figured out what an invisible user is. \:\)

I like your avator.
Posted By: Ginny Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/20/08 08:16 PM

Barb, where is the magnifying glass that you're referring to?

When I have time, I'll work on that Westie pic. It's a bit distorted... stretched widthwise.... but maybe it was not quite the right size and that's what was done to it. I linked to it rather than downloading. Like I said, I'll try to improve it later, but thanks ... she is a sweet Westie!
Todd- Is it possible to show the dates as month/day/year instead of day/month/year?
 Originally Posted By: fab5friend
Todd- Is it possible to show the dates as month/day/year instead of day/month/year?

Hi Teresa,
I am obviously not Todd, but I can help you with this one. Go to the top of the page (the darker green stripe) and click on "My Stuff" and "My Preferences" the scrill down and there will will be a choice of different date formats. Make sure to save your selections.

Linda
I changed my date setting also.
Posted By: Claudia Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/20/08 11:40 PM
Is there a way to edit an old post? I changed my avatar and now the description doesn't match the picture.

Thanks in advance for your help. \:\)

No. You "may" be describing an anonymous user.

An invisible user is one who is logged in and for any number of legitimate reasons may prefer to not be listed in the "Who's Online" box. They accomplish this by choosing the "Hide" option in "my preferences". This is found under the "My Stuff" menu in the forum header near the top of the page.

Todd, the new board is wonderful! With the exception of the Shout Box and Calendar, it's almost identical to other boards I frequent.

I especially love the feature where when I click on a thread, it automatically takes me to the first unread message in that thread. No more scrolling around to find where you left off reading. Saves a lot of time. I will probably always stay logged in and only log out when needed to reset something.

The board is very readable. The only other thing I'll say is to add me to the list of those who'd perhaps prefer a color scheme other than beige and white. I'm not referring to the stylesheet option of using "dark" .... just prefer something like the blue and white or blue/gray of the former board. But if that's not possible, this is certainly something I can adjust to.

Ginny

Thanks, you're absolutely correct about the "invisable user" and I just changed my preferences. I'm private and I don't necessarily want others to know when I'm viewing this board. Likewise I don't want to know the same about anyone else. Did anyone realize that if you click on "detail" under "who's online" that you can actally see what someone's doing such as the exact thread they're reading? That's not for me.

This is all a learning process and Todd's doing a great job during this transition as he always has for us on this board.
 Originally Posted By: Linda Wilson
 Originally Posted By: fab5friend

Hi Teresa,
I am obviously not Todd, but I can help you with this one. Go to the top of the page (the darker green stripe) and click on "My Stuff" and "My Preferences" the scrill down and there will will be a choice of different date formats. Make sure to save your selections.

Linda

Thanks Linda! It worked!!!
Doesn't bother me that others know where on the board I am. I like seeing who else is online.
I'm with you, Marilyn. If I'm here, I sure don't care who knows it or if they know where on the board I'm at.

Linda

Barb, where is the magnifying glass that you're referring to?
!

It's next to the yellow "sticky topic" thingy on the top post. At least, I think it's a magnifying glass. Maybe not?
Is there a way to turn off all the mini boxes on the left hand side? I'd rather have a full screen to read the board, then have the little boxes with who's on line, shout, calendar, search and forum stats.

Also, in preferences, there is a place where you can select info on top or to the side. I thought this might do it, but I don't see any changes.

thanks
Jay, under my stuff, my preferences, the fifth (I think) item down lets you choose to have the info on the top or the side. Haven't found anything about the stuff on the side yet though. But, then, I kind of like that stuff!

Linda
Posted By: Diana* Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/21/08 04:22 AM
I know this should be posted on the club board, but I can't do that since I don't have access yet.
Has anybody else had their entries for the Yulelogger decorating contest bounce back because the webmaster mailbox is full?
Jay, under my stuff, my preferences, the fifth (I think) item down lets you choose to have the info on the top or the side. Haven't found anything about the stuff on the side yet though. But, then, I kind of like that stuff!

Linda

Hi Linda:

I tried that both ways, and figured out what it does. With it on top, the member info such as name, avatar, when joined, etc. is above every post when ever someone makes a post. When changed to the setting on the side, the member info is to the left of the post.

So, it works in the main column. I haven't found any way to turn off the left column. My browser has a sidebar on the right side that has all my bookmarks, etc. With the new yulelog forum, with the extra column to the left, I now have to scroll left or right as the bulletin board is too wide for my browser. I normally only have to do that when someone post too large an image on a bulletin board, so it is kinda annoying. On a positive note, I do like that it shows the number of new posts to each thread when i look at the boards, and that it takes me right to the new posts.
Diana, I've received several e-mails about it. The only thing that I know to do it to keep trying. Maybe she's check soon.

Linda
 Originally Posted By: toppershopper
Is there a way to turn off all the mini boxes on the left hand side? I'd rather have a full screen to read the board, then have the little boxes with who's on line, shout, calendar, search and forum stats.

Also, in preferences, there is a place where you can select info on top or to the side. I thought this might do it, but I don't see any changes.

thanks

I'm sorry, but that does not appear to be an option, other than me turning off that feature all together. I think it is too useful and popular to turn off.

Can you temporarily hide your browsers favorites bar while on YuleLog? Most browsers let you hide it and show it as wanted. Also, you might consider switching to a slightly higher resolution on your monitor. Granted this makes the text smaller, but it fits more on the screen.

Sorry I can't offer a better fix.

Todd
Is there a way to edit an old post? I changed my avatar and now the description doesn't match the picture.

Thanks in advance for your help. \:\)

I just discovered that there was a time limit set for how long you could edit a post. It was set for 360 minutes. I changed it to one month. Hope this helps!

Todd
Here's another question: who decides which "smiley" shows up next to the member's name? There is a happy smiley next to mine, but other people have the gray unsmiling "smiley". Are the smilies indications of number of posts, or something like that? I'm confused.
 Originally Posted By: mel-gregory
Here's another question: who decides which "smiley" shows up next to the member's name? There is a happy smiley next to mine, but other people have the gray unsmiling "smiley". Are the smilies indications of number of posts, or something like that? I'm confused.

Hi Melissa! At the very top of the page you will see "Welcome..." and your username. Just to the right is a Blue Arrow pointing down. Click on the arrow and a pop-up box will appear where you can select a smiley to fit your current mood. Although, most of the grey unsmiling faces you see just mean that the user is offline!
 Originally Posted By: toppershopper

thanks

I'm sorry, but that does not appear to be an option, other than me turning off that feature all together. I think it is too useful and popular to turn off.

Can you temporarily hide your browsers favorites bar while on YuleLog? Most browsers let you hide it and show it as wanted. Also, you might consider switching to a slightly higher resolution on your monitor. Granted this makes the text smaller, but it fits more on the screen.

Sorry I can't offer a better fix.

Todd

Guess what? I found a way!

Now if you look under My Stuff, and My Preferences, you can turn off the left column.

Todd
Posted By: Ginny Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/21/08 05:18 PM
Wow, you are amazing! Looks like many can adapt the new board to suit their own needs with just a little exploration and trial and error! I was kind of wondering how those without computers ... like webTV and mailstation users... were adapting to the new boards. MickeyTCo are you out there?
Wow, you are amazing! Looks like many can adapt the new board to suit their own needs with just a little exploration and trial and error! I was kind of wondering how those without computers ... like webTV and mailstation users... were adapting to the new boards. MickeyTCo are you out there?

I know Susan in Florida using an older Mac with AOL and dial up is unable to add new posts...

I know Susan in Florida using an older Mac with AOL and dial up is unable to add new posts...

I've noticed this when I was on DH's laptop but I wasn't logged in so figured that was why. I'll have to try logging in while on the laptop and see if they re-appear.
Tuned on the Poll feature for the Discussions forum. Doesn't work with Quick Reply, but when you select Reply or add new topic, you should see it.

Originally Posted By: hallmark*kid
 Originally Posted By: mel-gregory

Hi Melissa! At the very top of the page you will see "Welcome..." and your username. Just to the right is a Blue Arrow pointing down. Click on the arrow and a pop-up box will appear where you can select a smiley to fit your current mood. Although, most of the grey unsmiling faces you see just mean that the user is offline!

Thanks so much for answering that! It was driving me crazy. It also explains why most people do have that "grey unsmiling face"! I didn't think they'd choose that smiley themselves.
I happened to click on the details today just to see what it showed me as doing . . . and way down towards the bottom after the Anonymous users it had a Search Spider User and it showed it as Google and that it was reading or searching, can't remember which, the Buy/Sell/Trade board for the month of December folder. Weird huh?

Checked back . . . and now it is searching November folder~!!!

I happened to click on the details today just to see what it showed me as doing . . . and way down towards the bottom after the Anonymous users it had a Search Spider User and it showed it as Google and that it was reading or searching, can't remember which, the Buy/Sell/Trade board for the month of December folder. Weird huh?

Checked back . . . and now it is searching November folder~!!!

That's how google knows where everything is. It has spider-searcher robot programs prowling the web (hence the spider) all of the time, indexing new content.
I figured it was something tricky like that.
todd: why doesnt dial up add posts? i dont understand that?
 Originally Posted By: curt1108
todd: why doesnt dial up add posts? i dont understand that?

Don't know if it is all dial up or just Susan. Do you know of someone else who is having problems?
Posted By: Ginny Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/22/08 01:15 AM
A strange one I saw yesterday when looking at the Who's Online detail was a user's name and under the column that shows their location on the board at the moment, it said "Private". It wasn't an invisible user, nor a moderator or anything; so I couldn't figure out how they got that to say "Private". ;\) I'd have thought maybe they were reading or writing a private message, but it usually has "spelled that out" when someone's doing that.
Posted By: RJingle Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/22/08 03:24 AM
Nobody answered my question of how to make a fancy signature with a picture????? Anyone?????
[quote=Todd Ray

Guess what? I found a way!

Now if you look under My Stuff, and My Preferences, you can turn off the left column.

Todd[/quote]

Great!!! Todd, thank you very much!!!!!!
Posted By: Diana* Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/22/08 06:44 AM
 Originally Posted By: Diana*
haha - just kidding.

Cool idea! I am a purple sort of guy! Done!

That purple is MUCH easier on the eyes, and now it won't clash with your Yulelog t-shirts! Very nice. \:\)
Posted By: Claudia Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/22/08 02:07 PM
Thanks again, Todd.

I finally figured out which screen to use to edit. \:\)
 Originally Posted By: RJingle
Nobody answered my question of how to make a fancy signature with a picture????? Anyone?????

You have to use the ubb codes for adding an image to your signature. They will need to point to a photo that is stored on the internet somewhere. You edit your signature by going to My Stuff and selecting My Profile

Instructions on using the image codes are at http://www.yulelog.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=faq#image

Since your signature can only be 100 characters, and that includes the ubb code, you might not be able to point it at an image that as a long address.

Lots of information on how to do things int FAQ at
http://www.yulelog.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=faq

Todd
Posted By: MAC Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/22/08 03:03 PM
I want to rearrange the order of posts so I see the most recent replies first. I don't want to click on the last page to see the newest posts.

I've searched through this topic, but I can't see where this has been asked/answered. I've also looked through my preferences, etc. I know the answer must be here somewhere.....I just don't know where to look!

mac
 Originally Posted By: MAC
I want to rearrange the order of posts so I see the most recent replies first. I don't want to click on the last page to see the newest posts.

I've searched through this topic, but I can't see where this has been asked/answered. I've also looked through my preferences, etc. I know the answer must be here somewhere.....I just don't know where to look!

mac

Not sure how you missed it, as it has been discussed. I'm sorry, but that is not an option on this version of the software. It will remember you when you come back and take you to the last new post you haven't read. If there are no new posts, it takes you to the top of the board.

Also, as I've said a couple of times, if you really want to go straight to the last post, click on the link in the right column instead of on the topic name. You can then scroll up (instead of down, like you used to) and get the same affect. Personally, I prefer seeing the first new post I haven't read as opposed to seeing the last post first and having to scroll until I see a post I have read! Since it doesn't appear to be an option, to reverse the order, we will have to get used to it.

Another cool thing about this, is that it keeps the information on what you have seen on the server instead of in a cookie on your computer. That means if you read YuleLog on another computer, once you log in, it remembers what you have seen already on that computer too! Great for those people who read at home and at work, or on multiple computers at home.

Todd
 Originally Posted By: MAC

mac

Not sure how you missed it, as it has been discussed. I'm sorry, but that is not an option on this version of the software. It will remember you when you come back and take you to the last new post you haven't read. If there are no new posts, it takes you to the top of the board.

Also, as I've said a couple of times, if you really want to go straight to the last post, click on the link in the right column instead of on the topic name. You can then scroll up (instead of down, like you used to) and get the same affect. Personally, I prefer seeing the first new post I haven't read as opposed to seeing the last post first and having to scroll until I see a post I have read! Since it doesn't appear to be an option, to reverse the order, we will have to get used to it.

Another cool thing about this, is that it keeps the information on what you have seen on the server instead of in a cookie on your computer. That means if you read YuleLog on another computer, once you log in, it remembers what you have seen already on that computer too! Great for those people who read at home and at work, or on multiple computers at home.

Todd

Todd, that is cool about the multiple computers. I finally logged in on DH's laptop and once in awhile I will check the boards when I'm at the school for several hours helping out and IF it gets a little slow and have a few free minutes to pop on. Although I did try to log onto aol via the web when I was there Friday and received a nasty little pop up that it was against their security rules. Ooops. LOL After that I was skeered to even try & looksie at eBay which I've done in the past but NOT anymore, I'm a chicken. ;\)
Posted By: Ginny Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/22/08 05:19 PM

Even though it's rare that I log on from a different computer, that is COOL; I didn't realize that. Also nice to know that if I happen to delete my cookies, I won't lose my place here. I never log off; so maybe I'd have to re-log in after a cookie delete?

All: remember to be LOGGED IN when you read the board. I have a feeling many of the problems or questions people have been having can be attributed to not being logged in. It is so nice to be taken straight to the next post after the one you read last time you were here instead of having to scroll around!!!!!
How do we see the Members Only section of the Board; i.e. "Meeting Room" etc. I paid my dues by PayPal on 1/14. Thanks Sharon
 Originally Posted By: SharonLL
How do we see the Members Only section of the Board; i.e. "Meeting Room" etc. I paid my dues by PayPal on 1/14. Thanks Sharon

Sharon,

You have been added to the Collector's Club group and if you go back to the main forum index you should be able to see and access the Meeting Room and Collectors Club Forums.

Todd
Posted By: Ginny Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/24/08 01:29 AM
Tuned on the Poll feature for the Discussions forum. Doesn't work with Quick Reply, but when you select Reply or add new topic, you should see it.

I think the Poll feature is a cute feature and fun for little surveys like the ones used so far where it's a fun thing and not something crucial or highly significant in nature. But I'd hate to see it replace the Yahoo polling feature used with the club unless some further options to it were explored.

I think that one can turn off the "show results while polling is taking place" facet which I think is vital on important issues, but I didn't see any way that I as a voter could change my mind about how I voted during the course of the poll. Sometimes we misunderstand the issue of a poll, or more facts making the issue come out .... or sometimes the fingers just get sticky and you click on something you didn't mean to..... and that's when changing your vote is helpful and gives a more accurate reflection of those being polled.

But like I said, it's a fun feature for matters of non-earthshaking importance. ;\)
I think Todd has everyone entered now. So, if you've paid your 2008 dues, you should now be able to see the members' forums. If not, please let us know.

Linda

I think the Poll feature is a cute feature and fun for little surveys like the ones used so far where it's a fun thing and not something crucial or highly significant in nature. But I'd hate to see it replace the Yahoo polling feature used with the club unless some further options to it were explored.

I think that one can turn off the "show results while polling is taking place" facet which I think is vital on important issues, but I didn't see any way that I as a voter could change my mind about how I voted during the course of the poll. Sometimes we misunderstand the issue of a poll, or more facts making the issue come out .... or sometimes the fingers just get sticky and you click on something you didn't mean to..... and that's when changing your vote is helpful and gives a more accurate reflection of those being polled.

But like I said, it's a fun feature for matters of non-earthshaking importance. ;\)

You are correct that you can set it not to show results until the poll is over.

As any of the club officers will tell you, the yahoo groups feature of being a YuleLogger member is a source of much confusion. Anything we can do to reduce or eliminate the need for it would help. While you are correct that you can't change your vote, that's much like real world voting, so perhaps we can deal with that by stressing in the note explaining the poll, that you don't get another chance and to be sure of your vote before entering it.

Todd
Posted By: Ginny Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/26/08 01:51 PM
As any of the club officers will tell you, the yahoo groups feature of being a YuleLogger member is a source of much confusion. Anything we can do to reduce or eliminate the need for it would help.

My aim is not to debate which form of voting is better; I just have serious concerns (besides the ones mentioned). Anyway, it would appear to me to be in violation of the YuleLoggers Club's bylaws to make a change such as that until they are changed (they say "egroups" which became Yahoo groups); so I will reserve expressing my concerns in the club board when that comes up. (They probably seriously need some revising anyway. ;))

As a longtime moderator of 4 Yahoo Groups - including the YuleLoggers club and COOL - I have found that the majority of problems people have there is that they forget or mistype their login ID and password information. I just think that it's hard to beat a "3rd party" outside system like that for accuracy, impartiality, complete open-ness of membership lists and yet 100% privacy of vote, and yes, ease of use IMO.

Btw, I have had little to no requests for help from confused members, but am always available to help. \:\)
Posted By: Ginny Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/28/08 12:42 AM
oops... posted by mistake
What's the definition of a "hot" topic these days? I saw a post with only two replies and the little fire was burning by it.

Linda
Hi, I'm new to posting, I usually read the boards but have signed up to use some of the features.
The hot topic means it has a certain number of replies or over 150 views, so while a topic could have only 2 replies, if it's been viewed over 150 times then it could still be a hot topic. I hope this helps.
Peter
Posted By: Claudia Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 01/28/08 02:27 PM
 Originally Posted By: Paintbeanie
Hi, I'm new to posting, I usually read the boards but have signed up to use some of the features.
The hot topic means it has a certain number of replies or over 150 views, so while a topic could have only 2 replies, if it's been viewed over 150 times then it could still be a hot topic. I hope this helps.
Peter

Peter, thanks for the information and WELCOME to the Yulelog board. \:\)
I have a question about the Yuleloggers Collectors Club forum. I just paid my dues last night via Paypal, so I'm just wondering that when whoever it is does the inputting of my information - is it going to be pretty much like it was on the old board - I have to sign in with my ID, password, and Yuleloggers password?
It will just pop up on the list of the various boards once you are given access and no typing in of the password necessary on the new board.
 Originally Posted By: meam2you
I have a question about the Yuleloggers Collectors Club forum. I just paid my dues last night via Paypal, so I'm just wondering that when whoever it is does the inputting of my information - is it going to be pretty much like it was on the old board - I have to sign in with my ID, password, and Yuleloggers password?

The Club board is sending me lists of members as they pay thier dues and I add them to a special "group" on the board. When you are added to this group, you will be able to see and access the club forums without an extra password. People not in this group will not be able to access them. In the case of the main YuleLoggers forum, it has been set up where non club members can see the name and description of the forum, but not access it. This is because the board description includes an invitation to join and an address of the YuleLoggers club web page with a membership application.

Todd
Thanks, Deana & Todd!
I'm having a slight problem. Whenever I click on a thread or post, it takes forever for it to come up. I've noticed that after the "shout box" fills, then I go to whatever it is I've clicked on. I've logged into the board from another computer here, and there's no waiting. Is there something I need to do to my computer? Or is it just because that other computer I was using is brand-new and not all loaded with stuff like mine is?

I just noticed this only happens when I'm trying to look at a thread that has new posts in it. If there's no new posts, it opens the thread right away.
I'm sure the older computer has something to do with it, but it sounds as if it is having trouble loading one of the many sections that make up the board. Could be something in your virus checking software that is taking a long time to decide that one section is OK.

What happens if you click the Refresh/Stop button?

Also, try going to the My Stuff, and My Preferences and turning off the left column. That way we will know if it is something in that column causing problems.

Todd
Thanks, Todd!

The Refresh/Stop button gave me the same response....slow!

However, I tried turning off the left column and that did the trick!

Thanks again!!
Interesting. I wonder which element causes the problem?
I'm not sure, Todd - but I can tell you this....you're asking the wrong person. I leave all that stuff up to you computer-savvy people! I bow down to you! I'm just going to chalk it up to my POS computer being slow.
I've noticed when I use my husbands laptop from his office that it will load YuleLog boards and I can read & post fine but when I click on my bookmark it loads the page and then at the bottom says "Done but with errors". Just a weird little thing I noticed.
Posted By: jrudy Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 03/10/08 07:10 PM
Hey Deana and Todd,
My computer at work did the same thing with the Done but with errors notice at the bottom. My computer at home wouldn't even let me open up any of the threads. When I say your note about turning off the left side, I did and now both of them work fine with the errors message gone.
Thanks
Jeanette
Todd,

I still can't get the avatar to change, it says the picture can't be more than 100,000 bytes, but I have reduced the picture to 75 by 54 so I must be doing something wrong. Can you help me.

Karen
email it to me and I will see what I can do.

Todd
Posted By: Ginny Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 03/19/08 08:54 PM
 Originally Posted By: jrudy
When I say your note about turning off the left side, I did and now both of them work fine

Jeanette, meam2you, and Deana: I was having problems with this site too - though different ones from yours - and it seems the solution to my problem was also in turning off the left side. Do either of you use Norton's Internet Security 2008?
If you watch it load, can you tell which section is causing it to hang?

Todd
I also was having trouble with the site loading very slowly and after I turned off the left side, it nows loads more quickly. I am not computer savy enough to be able to watch it load and see what was causing it to load slowly.
 Originally Posted By: jrudy
When I say your note about turning off the left side, I did and now both of them work fine

Jeanette, meam2you, and Deana: I was having problems with this site too - though different ones from yours - and it seems the solution to my problem was also in turning off the left side. Do either of you use Norton's Internet Security 2008?

I don't have Norton's, I use Trend Micro Antivirus that was installed for me at Best Buy. I'm not sure what anti-virus is on the other computer here that I've used with no problems loading the left side.
Posted By: Ginny Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 03/22/08 06:03 PM

Todd

I don't know, Todd, but I'll have to turn on the left side again and see if I can tell the next time.
Posted By: Ginny Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 04/01/08 06:36 PM

Todd

Sorry for the long time to respond. I replied in the "incompatibility" thread.
Posted By: Ginny What's a Watched User List? - 04/05/08 05:44 PM
I noticed when looking at a user's profile, there is an option to check to add that person to your "watched user list". What is that? What happens when you add someone to that list? Do you get an email telling you when they have posted, or what?

I did only a very quick search in the FAQs searching for "watched user", but didn't come up with anything.
Posted By: Qwackertoo Re: What's a Watched User List? - 04/05/08 06:14 PM
I noticed when looking at a user's profile, there is an option to check to add that person to your "watched user list". What is that? What happens when you add someone to that list? Do you get an email telling you when they have posted, or what?

I did only a very quick search in the FAQs searching for "watched user", but didn't come up with anything.

I don't know but I'll add you to my "watched users" and report back to you. Feel free to add me to yours and we'll see IF it amounts to anything.
Posted By: Ginny Re: What's a Watched User List? - 04/05/08 06:24 PM
Ok, you are now on my watched list. We'll see what happens.

Are you "invisible"? I am; so wondering if it will work. ;\)
Posted By: Qwackertoo Re: What's a Watched User List? - 04/05/08 06:59 PM
Currently, I'm invisible.

OK, as far as I can tell IF I click on My Stuff where you have the pull down menu, My Messaged, My Profile, My Preferences, My Watch Lists, and My Posts, IF I select My Watch Lists then across the top I can then select Watched Forums, Watched Topics & Watched Users. At this point it says I'm not watching any Forums, which I'm not. THEN IF I click on Watched Users pages and pages of topics you have posted on pop up. In conclusion, I really don't see any difference from "watching you" vs. clicking on your user name in a thread you've posted on and then with the pull down menu selecting View Posts resulting in pages of All Posts By Ginny.

I don't see much use in this UNLESS someone who was too busy to read the board often and was a member of the YuleLoggers and wanted to keep up with posts by the President OR posts by the Sponsor (sales or whatever) OR posts by Todd OR IF someone had a favorite seller on the B/S/T boards and never wants to miss a post by them but doesn't have time to wade through all the other posts which sounds like the most useful reason for utilizing this feature.

Posted By: susan in florida Re: What's a Watched User List? - 04/06/08 07:10 PM
It's neat if you want to read everything one person wrote otherwise it's not good for much
Posted By: Ginny Re: What's a Watched User List? - 04/07/08 03:44 AM
Deana, I see what you mean ........ and agree.

I tried "watching a topic", and that sends you an email each time someone replies.
Posted By: Shandoo Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 07/08/08 05:36 PM
Okay, I've read through all the posts on this topic and I haven't seen anyone mention anything about the red numbers in parenthesis in the replies column.

In the ornament discussion forum I am consistently seeing something like this:(2) appearing directly behind the number of replies for a given topic. Of course the number isn't always a two, a few minutes ago I saw one that was a seven.

Does anyone know what this signifies? Does this represent replies that are currently being written, but not yet posted?
Posted By: Ginny Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 07/08/08 06:21 PM
I believe it represents # of replies since you last visited/clicked on that topic.
yes ginny.. i believe thats correct. thats how my viewing always works.
I came here tonight and suddenly, the stuff on the left hand side (shout box, calendar, etc) is taking up more room. Leaving me less room for the discussion side. Is this something I've done? If it is, how do I get it back? I've tried grabbing edges to pull them back, but they don't pull.

Linda
I came here tonight and suddenly, the stuff on the left hand side (shout box, calendar, etc) is taking up more room. Leaving me less room for the discussion side. Is this something I've done? If it is, how do I get it back? I've tried grabbing edges to pull them back, but they don't pull.

Linda

I think the settings preferences are under your profile information? - Karen
it was doing that for me too there for a while, its not just you linda.
If you're not signed in to post I believe the "shout box" will show up. -Karen
Well, I stay signed in, so that's no different than usual. I thought at first this morning that it was back to normal, but it's not.

Linda
One of my new partners, American Collectibles Insurance, has a wider than normal logo, so it makes the left column wider. Sorry!
I just shrank the images some. It should be a little better.
Yes, that is better. Thanks, Todd!

Linda
Is it possible to create a database, similar to the types available on the Yahoo Groups site?

I have already made a list of Yuleloggers attending the Friday Local Club Dinner at the August KOC event, using Excel 2007. Is it possible to transfer that spreadsheet into the bulletin board?

Mike L
Mike, I'll send you an e-mail about Yahoo groups.

Linda Adams
Posted By: sparkle Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 05/07/12 10:27 PM
I would like to be a little more festive when posting the monthly Yuleloggers' Clun bday and anniversary lists - maybe a different color font or maybe better spacing and addinf a possible picture/icon/graphic? Is there anyone who knows if this can be done? I will write Todd, but thought to post here as well. Thanks Carol
click on the A when you post and it comes up with a whole array of colors to choose from

click on the small and large T and you will have a variety of font sizes to chose from

when you do this type in between the two sets of code in the brackets . . . do both and you get large font in color.

like this

click on the third from the left little icon to insert and image . . you will need to have this hosted somewhere on the Internet and then paste the url of the location of the picture into the window that pops up.

Hope this helps.

Posted By: sparkle Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 05/12/12 07:24 PM
Thank you I am going to try it out soon!
You're welcome, Sparkle. Good luck! Have fun playing with the colors and fonts.

Deana
Posted By: Anonymous Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 05/15/12 05:29 PM
Thank you for this article. That�s all I can say. You most definitely have made this post into something special. You clearly know what you are doing, you�ve covered so many bases.Thanks!
Deana, I've often wondered how others got the type color change. Now, I'll have to try it, thanks!

OK, what 'A' do you click? I tried the "A' key but nothing happened!

Joyce
Posted By: 88eggs Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 07/01/12 04:43 AM
Joyce: You can't make your reply in QUICK REPLY at the bottom of the topic. You have to click on NEW REPLY at the top of the topic. That will bring up a screen for you to post your reply. In that screen, just above where you start typing your reply, is a list of options. Click on the "A" that also shows colors below it and choose your color.

Ted
Posted By: Nona Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 12/19/12 01:52 AM
I was wondering if I have missed the message about paying my Yulelog dues? Is it time to pay for the year?

Thanks,

Jean
Jean, keep watching the Club forums. Something will be probably be posted there soon.

Linda
Posted By: 88eggs Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 12/19/12 04:52 AM
Jean: Dues are not accepted in December, to allow a smooth switch over to the new officers on January 1st. A message will be posted at that time.

Ted
Isn't it time to update the Buy/Trade/Sell Bulletin Boards? They still say February and it is now April.
 Originally Posted By: btowndude
Isn't it time to update the Buy/Trade/Sell Bulletin Boards? They still say February and it is now April.

They were updated in March but when they did the domain transfer everything was erased. I think they are waiting to do April after they find out if Sean found the March Data so it can be reset.
Hi!

I am a "newbie" and I am having a problem getting access to the Collector's Club forum.

I login with my user id and password but my access is denied.

Any answers?

Jackie88 (aka Barb)
Posted By: 88eggs Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 04/16/13 10:39 PM
Barb: You must pay your membership dues of $5 to have collector's club access. On the other boards, you have access upon registering. I am the coordinator and keep the membership roster and Jackie88 is not on it. If you wish to join the collector's club, click on JOIN THE YULELOGGERS HALLMARK KEEPSAKE ORNAMENT COLLECTOR'S CLUB at the top of this page (above the Amazon banner) and follow the instructions. You can pay by check or PayPal. If you need any additional help, you can send me a PM (Private Message) by clicking on my user ID 88eggs in the upper left of this post.

Ted
Originally Posted By: 88eggs
Barb: You must pay your membership dues of $5 to have collector's club access. On the other boards, you have access upon registering. I am the coordinator and keep the membership roster and Jackie88 is not on it. If you wish to join the collector's club, click on JOIN THE YULELOGGERS HALLMARK KEEPSAKE ORNAMENT COLLECTOR'S CLUB at the top of this page (above the Amazon banner) and follow the instructions. You can pay by check or PayPal. If you need any additional help, you can send me a PM (Private Message) by clicking on my user ID 88eggs in the upper left of this post.

Ted

Ted

I have been trying to register my MIL and that function of the board will not work for me.

Kevin
Hi Ted, I have 6 million days until Christmas on my board. Can you change it for me or tell me how I can. I never had this problem before, we got a new lap top. Thank You.

Sandy Placek - Sandy Dandy
Posted By: 88eggs Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 09/02/13 03:11 AM
Sandy: This problem was explained in a post quite a while back--if I remember correctly, it is because you are using Internet Explorer 8 and no way has been found to correct it in that. I will try to find the post and bump it up for you, but I know it requires you to use some other search engine, like Chrome or Google, or go back to Internet Explorer 7.

Ted
Thank you, Ted. Yes, we have Internet Explorer 8, now. I remember someone talking about the number of days they also had, but don't know the post.

Sandy
Posted By: gshawen Re: Let's post questions/tips on this thread - 07/03/18 04:00 AM
How come when I try to change my email addy, it tells me it needs to verify my email by sending me an email, which never shows up. Any suggestions?
When will the 2020 Digital Download & DVD combo be available for purchase?
Edited. I guess the combo isn't available yet. Since I could see the order info, I assumed it was. Then, started working through it and it wouldn't let me do the combo. My son is encouraging me to just do the download, but I was considering the combo for my peace of mind.

Linda
The digital download is available now according to the Yulelog.com homepage.

Sean told me the other day that the DVD printers are behind on getting things done due to the virus. I believe he expects the DVDs to be available soon but he didn't give me a date.
© YuleLog Ornament Collector's Bulletin Board